Viceroy Santa Monica
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$349
US$309
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$357/night.

US$238
US$199
US$526
US$476
Fairmont.com
US$364
US$328
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$379
US$583
US$510
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$369
US$349
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$524/night.

US$481
US$396
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$459/night.

The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$390
US$259
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$290/night.

1,752 results
All reviewspool areaglass of champagnehip hotelocean viewupon checklocation is greatlobby barshort walk to the beachocean avela areavenice beachmain streetvalet parkinglos angelescasa del marconciergeblock
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed at the Viceroy Santa Monica for two weekends (once in March 2011, and once in April 2011). The Viceroy is a trendy modern boutique-style hotel with younger clientele.

We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the lobby bar and pool side bar which had a great night-life / atmosphere.

Very clean and well maintained property with superb service and friendly staff.

Would happily return to stay at this property, or just for dinner and drinks if passing through.

Room Tip: All rooms are identical in size/appearance.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

stayed here on a round the world trip. this was our first stop . loved the funkiness of the place but some of the staff are a bit abrupt and unhelpful, this was disappointing as it is a lovely spot.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Everything was going great until we tried to check out. The lady at reception was completely unhelpful when i asked for further clarifications about the bill. Apparently you get a 20% discount of the restaurant bill if you are a guest here and the restaurant staff on several occasions had forgotten to apply this discount. Questions pertaining to this were greeted by nonchalant "i'm not sure's". The lady then said chidingly, "you should have told them you were a guest staying here" at which point i tried to explain that each time i did, it did not get reflected in the bill. The waiters even told me that the discount would be applied on the overall hotel bill instead. Was pretty appalled at such rude service at the reception. If the Manager / Director of guest services is reading this, please check who was on duty on Fri 18 Mar 9-930am (it was a lady with blonde hair and she had no smiles throughout the entire conversation). Also, clearly there seems to be some coordination needed between the restaurant staff and guest services - seems like both sides don't want to take the simple responsibility of applying the discount! How hard could this be???

Other than this, the hotel was an overall okay - rooms are decent in terms of space and decor. Also, if you need the concierge's assistance, well, don't count on it, cos he/she's never there when you need him/her.

Location-wise, the hotel is close to the beach, but it's a 12-15min walk away from the Third St Promenade, so it's really not as close as some of the other hotels in terms of being near to both the beach and the Promenade.

Would i stay here again or recommend it to friends? No way! Not after experiencing such rude nonchalant treatment upon checking out ! Guest Services of a hotel should realize that they are the first and last impression given to any guest, and really, if that lady serving us was grumpy from being up so early, she really should be told that her tone and lack of smiles is really not acceptable for anyone working in the front-line of a hotel. Because of her, i am not prepared to ever come back or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NewYorker048
vicejess, General Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

I was so disappointed to receive your view on trip advisor and was appalled at the level of service you received by a member of our guest services team. Please be assured that we have spoken directly to this employee and assure you that this is not indicative of the level of service we provide at Viceroy Santa Monica. If you could please call me directly at 310-260-7501 to discuss your experience in detail, I would like to invite you back as our guest in the near future. Please accept my apologies and give us another opportunity to provide you with proper service. Thank you again for your comments.

Janne Clare

Reviewed February 23, 2011

We checked into this hotel were greeted by the training team of valet...one gentleman gave me one ticket having not heard I was staying at the hotel another man gave me another ticket reprimanding the first and someone tried to take my bag off my shoulder from behind without asking me...whirlwind. The bar was busy and the rooms were nice enough.

I got a paper cut in the lobby and approached the front desk. One associate was on the phone (working) the other looked directly at me and my boyfriend and kept on flirting with the manager or security personnel. Finally after standing there for quite some time bleeding all over the lobby floor the associate on the phone looked at her counterpart and gestured toward us. The manager/ security person addressed our needs and sent us on our way. No apologies made and no acknowledgement from the flirty front desk agent.

We proceeded to the bar with hope of better service there. Even worse we sat at one of the cocktail tables about 15 feet from the bar, had to flag down our server who seemed tired/ annoyed already by 10:00pm. She brought us our drinks and we believed was kidnapped because we never saw her again not even to settle the bill. We called a server over from another section who was pleasant and explained the situation that we had someone helping us and would like to report her missing!! He got us a second round even checked in on us. We decided to leave in search of better service, better crowd and to avoid being kidnapped like our server.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I stayed here on January 29th, 2011. It's close to Santa Monica Beach, the Pier, and Thirs Street Promenade. The valet staff was quick. Front desk lady was nice as well. My room was amazing! It was bright, clean, and just gorgeous. Bathroom was covered in marble tiles. Neil Geroge shampoo, conditioner, soap, and body wash were a nice touch. I did not know this was such a hot spot. My room was near the pool/cabana area so I could not sleep till the club(?) was over at around 2am. Lot of people screaming and yelling...they played good music though. Ear plugs did not help much. I think it would've been more fun if I traveled with my friends. Not for a solo traveler. I would try this hotel again with friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo