Viceroy Santa Monica
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$259
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$345/night.

US$325
US$279
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$329/night.

Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$333
US$299
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$339/night.

US$377
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$513/night.

US$221
US$199
US$346
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$435/night.

US$400
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$497/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$329
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$515/night.

The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$259
US$246
The Ambrose
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$318/night.

1,751 results
All reviewspool areaglass of champagnehip hotelocean viewupon checklocation is greatlobby barshort walk to the beachocean avela areavenice beachmain streetvalet parkinglos angelescasa del marconciergeblock
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were greeted warmly at the door after a long flight. The welcoming attitude continued at the front desk as we checked in for our stay. We were handed a glass of champagne--very much appreciated after flying. The gentleman that helped us check-in was friendly, genuine and professional. Our experience was the same anytime we stopped by the desk to ask questions or request service. Our experience at the Viceroy was so good we decided to extend our stay.

We did have a few issues in the restaurant--the service was either fantastic--like the front desk and valet or it was blatantly rude. Our first evening we ate in the bar and the bartenders were extremely surly and it was still early! We also had a run-in with an extremely rude hostess--but this was the exception.

Housekeeping is exceptional. I know that seems odd to point out but we have had some bad experiences with dirty rooms and broken showers etc. Our room was well cared for and that was much appreciated.

The hotel is part of the LA party scene right now so the lobby and bar get crowded on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. This wasn't a problem for us--our room was on the 7th floor and quiet. we would definitely stay at he Viceroy again.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms on the East side facing the pool area will be noisy on the weekends as the bar and restaurant are busy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed for the second time on our stop over in LA. And I am glad we returned. Initiallly we chose the hotel for its proximinity to the beach and price class. Although we rented a car we ended up walking everywhere. Shopping, Dinner is all within walking distance.
Service is great, staff exremly friendly. Love the rooms, although compact, clean and light.
Staff was also great with the kids. no pretentiousness and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have recently returned from staying in Santa Monica at the Viceroy Hotel over the Holiday period and spent 6 nights there.
As on my previous 4 visits, the hotel really lived up to my expectations and standards.
From checking in procedures, through room standards, decor, restaurant and bar service and ambiance, I cannot contemplate staying somewhere else whenever I visit Santa Monica either for business or for pleasure.
The staff are personable, helpful and attentive to the maximum level of need and nothing is ever too much trouble for any of them.
I wish we had this level of staff training in the UK. The staff have the knack of always being there for you without the stuffiness of more exclusive- or more expensive- hotels, are really friendly and approachable without being too familiar. As far as the staffing goes,it's perfect.
Good menus for all tastes in the Whist Restaurant and talented chefs.
The bar is buzzy, chic and fun but not overly noisy and is a great meeting place.
The hotel suits singles, couples and families alike. As a lone woman, I feel very comfortable and safe here.
I also love the decor. I first visited this hotel before it became a management chain. It seems to be growing and I would love to visit other hotels in the group--but that would mean that I would be missing out on time I could be spending at this one.
I am already planning my next visit. I really can't wait! I am a photographer who is constantly travelling and staying in lovely hotels but a stay in the Viceroy feels like coming home.

Ms S. Fontaine, London

Room Tip: Sea front for the sunrise and sunsets. Not noisy. Worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SFontaine
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I'm the type of person who generally doesn't like anything too over-the-top or pretentious. I was worried about this hotel because, at first glance, it sure seemed Hollywood-affected. Well, perhaps that could include the bar, but that would be it. Always remember that looks can be deceiving. The staff was incredible and down-to-earth, and I felt comfortable the moment I walked in (the complimentary champagne didn't hurt, by the way). The room, although small, was very comfortable and chic. I loved the eclectic decor. Holy smokes, the bed was beyond phenomenal and the shower more than spa-worthy. Great bath products, towels and linens. My view wasn't much to write home about, but in the end I was there for my job so who has time for lovely views anyway? I did eat in the restaurant and I found the food to be good, if not a bit pricey (what? in LA?). True to form the staff shined and didn't hassle us to move along despite a busy morning. I'm usually not a fan of the pricey hotels who are all for show, but it turns out that this joint has substance in more ways than one. If you want a comfortable treat that balances the luxe with common courtesy to all (Rolex or not), give this joint a try.

Room Tip: Higher floor as far away from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Viceroy for two nights right over Christmas weekend and had a wonderful time. Similar to other reviewers' experiences, we thought the service was fantastic. Sean at the front desk, in particular, was really great to us - we were celebrating our 4 year anniversary and they greated us with a glass of champagne and sent up a bottle to our room as a congratulations. We stayed at a time when the hotel was not too crowded, so it was very quiet and serene and we had a great room on the 6th floor with a full ocean view. It was great to wake up to perfect weather and to view the beautiful ocean. Our only recommendation would be for them to get slightly firmer pillows - theirs are super soft and you kind of sink in them even when you use two. Highly recommend - can't beat the location - you are one block from the beach, half a mile walk to third street promenade and very close to other great restaurants and shops on main street towards marina del rey.

Room Tip: highly recommend the ocean view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple