1,834 results
All reviews pool area glass of champagne ocean view stylish hotel upon check location is great lobby bar short walk to the beach la area venice beach main street ocean avenue valet parking los angeles casa del mar concierge hip
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for a week in September for business and I must say I was disapointed with the level of service.
All staff seemed so mechanical, did what they had to do and nothing more, in general for what I paid for the hotel I expected much more.
They have DJ playing every weekend so good luck sleeping, (and also the crowd are the LA wanabe's) ,the mini bar was priced at such an excessive rate that I refused to purchase water even when I was almost choking (on principal).

The proximity of the hotel to the beach and3rd street promenade is definitely and advantage byt the area surrounding the hotel especially from the back looked extremely dodgy and not too safe.

rooms are clean but i had a garbage bag that i left purposely and it wasnt picked up for 5 days.
my bathtub wasnt cleaned for 3 days and i didnt complain as I thought it was an over sight but then even the next day that wasnt cleaned.

Breakfast is at an average cost of 35 bucks for a mediocre coffee, oatmeal and fruits while you can go across the street and have an amazing breaky for under 15 bucks.

All in all it was a pretty disapointing stay especially since my expectations of the Viceroy group were high having visited their property in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: If you wana get some sleep during the weekend then ask for the rooms facing the ocean and at a higer floor. if you wana dance in your sleep then ask for a lower room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WendyDub
laboy70, General Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

So very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The Yas Abu Dhabi hotel is a $200Million and 2 years old so you have some very high expectations indeed. We are 10 years old this year and the building is 42 years old, and we were the first of the Viceroy collection and will be going through a soft goods renovation in the near future to move us closer to the caliber of the other hotels that have been built in the last few years. I will address the issue regarding housekeeping with my team as this is not consistent with our standards. Again, thank you for staying with us and hope you will come back and see us again after the "refresh."

Regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Viceroy is a very nice hotel in Santa Monica. The bar downstairs is great (especially if you are into pretentious people) and the rooms are very well equipped. The bathroom and shower in particular was amazing.

However what they failed to let me know on check in is that they would sting me $11 per day per device connected to the internet. Yep - per device. While other hotels offer free wifi, the Viceroy has gone 180 degrees in the other direction.

When i raised the issue with the guy at the front desk, he couldn't have cared less.

As much as the hotel is great, the attitude sucks!

Room Tip: Use Expedia Elite and get an upgrade
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear about your frustration with the wi-fi cahrge per device. We are working out the technology on our end. As it detects the device's IP adress our server cannot determine if you own one, two or three devices so there technically isnt a way to grant access on all three. We will figure something out in the near future. Simply ask at the front desk and they will try to accomodate you with a complimentary code for the second device.

Regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I decided on a whim to book a getaway up to Santa Monica and wanted it to feel like a mini-vacation getting away from work and the Viceroy delivered! Room was great, service was top-notch and we enjoyed a "vacation" feel just 50 minutes north of Orange County. The DJ was fun add-on at night that added to the scene, but the proximity to beach, and restaurants was the winning factor while staying in a chic hotel. Would definitely go again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for the great review. I think you summed up what we do on the weekends very well. Great chill place during the day and a fun night spot at night. Please tell your friends in the OC and come see us again!
Cheers!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I frequently travel to LA for work and whenever I get to stay at the Viceroy, my trip is guarenteed to be a great one. This hotel is beyond amazing - beautifually designed, spectacular service, lively bar, delicious resturant, lux pool. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: if you can splurge for a beach side view, it's well worth it. The pool side view rooms are also nice. You really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your continued support of our hotel. Please make sure to ask for me next time you are here so I can thank you in person!
Cheers!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I wasn't sure what to really expect being LA and quite hip but the staff make this hotel extra special, and the fit out is beautiful. Its unusual, it works and the location is great for taking a beach walk after a day of meetings or heading to the fantastic mall for shopping. The bar staff were great and more relaxed than I expected for the cool vibe it gives out. Drinks and food were exceptional with a great bed, good bathroom features including wonderful amenities yay. The pool area looks really cool but didn't get to use it due to work. Thanks especially for having wifi includes ( so great for business stay ) and a good hairdryer. Maybe only lacks a room safe? Would return again, thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review! We aim to please. I am sorry about the safe. We have 3 rooms that are missing safes, they are on back order and should be here in a week or two. SO sorry you got one of the 3. We do have safety deposit boxes as well if you ever found yourself in that situation again (or anyone that is reading this) free of charge at the front desk.

Warm Regards,