1,852 results
All reviews pool area glass of champagne ocean view stylish hotel upon check location is great lobby bar short walk to the beach la area ocean avenue venice beach main street valet parking los angeles casa del mar concierge hip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately despite no smoking warning room smelled of smoke. Bathroom quite small floors extremely slippery when wet. WiFi sucked. Overall comfort was good, not exceptional. Reception was nice but somewhat indifferent, checkout was much more friendly.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DineJB1954
DylanS1758, Assistant Front Office Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DineJB1954,

Thank you for your honest feedback of your experience with us. Were you able to bring any of the issues you faced to our team's attention? I can assure you everyone here is quick to remedy any potential problems our guests may be experiencing given the opportunity. I am sorry if this was not the case leaving you to endure your stay. Viceroy Santa Monica prides itself on providing the utmost exceptional service to our guests and I am confident we can deliver this to you your next stay should we have the luxury of your return. Thank you again.

Cordially,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had to make an unexpected trip to LA recently due to a family emergency. At 2am in NY, I had to make a quick reservation for a hotel in Santa Monica. The Viceroy looked convenient so I just booked it. It turned out to be a great, lucky decision. It's a great place

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Andy P,

We are so grateful we ended up being your destination upon your improvised last minute booking. There is nothing more we can ask of a guest then to leave a highly regarded 5 out 5 review on Trip Advisor so we genuinely appreciate you sharing! We wish you and your family health and happiness and hope the next time we have the pleasure of hosting your stay it is not under the same circumstances.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Bellman, Kenny was GREAT! i am a big beach/sun person. the pool area is small. there is only one section in the back with 12 lounge chairs that gets the sun after 2PM. the rest of the area is in the shade. I had to make sure i got some of those seats in the back! The maid didnt clean my room one day. AND Labor DAY 2018, they told us we could not use the pool area unless we wanted to attend their private event for free which was a singles party at the pool. They offered for us to go take an uber to their sister hotel in the area. I would have not booked this hotel had i known i could not sit by the pool labor day. (By the way private party offered NO POOL CHAIRS). They told me after the party that they would have comped me for chairs and umbrella at the beach which the front desk forgot to mention. SO they gave me a credit for the $15 pool fee which you pay/day. BUT gorgeous boutique hotel and real nice staff! right near Shutters. I would not go back because i like to sit in the sun by the pool and not interested in chasing after lounge chairs. I personally would go to a 'roomier' hotel in terms of pool area. FOOD was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Randy549,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your review of Viceroy Santa Monica here on Trip Advisor. I am most notably pleased to hear our Bellman, Kenny, was able to make your stay a memorable one and that you enjoyed our food and beverage services. We appreciate your honest feedback as we continue to evolve and improve our guest experience. We hope we can welcome you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Viceroy is well located, doesn't look too salubrious on initial approach but has everything you need including a fabulous courtyard. My daughter was married on site, the ceremony was terrific, the reception outstanding managed beautifully by the hotel. Viceroy was on for a 5 star rating until they charged our Visa with $US9k for accommodation almost 2 weeks after we had checked out. They still get a 4 star rating because the erroneous charges were quickly resolved but it required phone calls and email 'evidence' to have these costs withdrawn. Check your billing at all times.

Room Tip: Get a beach view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Reuben M,

Thank you so much for taking time to provide a review here on Trip Advisor of our hotel. We are more than honored to have hosted and been part of such a beautiful ceremony for your daughter. Thank you for choosing us to help create that memorable day. I would like to apologize for the billing discrepancies you encountered. I can assure you all charges made are legitimate, however, completely understand your frustration given the context. I am glad we were able to rectify the situation, though, it is unfortunate it warranted a docking of our score from you. Please come back soon so we may solidify your loyalty to our amazing hotel!

All the best,

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Viceroy was the destination for a short-notice leisurely stay and I arrived with excitement based on reputation. But that's the problem, high expectations are a ball and chain.

Things I didn't expect:
1. A noisy room due to an adjoining door - and over-excited 7am Saturday neighbors
2. A shower entry that required Mission Impossible accuracy to avoid banging a limb on something, but if you did, the shower head trajectory would be sure to gun you down
3. Returning to a room at 4pm that still hadn't been cleaned after a full day out
4. No hot drinks in the room (but plenty of $9 water)
5. The much-lauded pool area to be closed for a private event

There was still a lot to like. The room was tastefully decorated. The bed was comfy. The sea view (over four lanes) was refreshing. And the location makes Santa Monica and Venice within a short stroll.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear thepolarbeer,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a detailed description of your experience at Viceroy Santa Monica. Although expectations can lead to resentments, you had every right to believe your stay here with us would be a pleasant, welcoming, and memorable one at that. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we fell short of this. Although some of your issues may have been unavoidable, there were certainly some we could have rectified at no cost to you. It is unfortunate we did not have the opportunity to do so. Your feedback is foundational to our success so thank you again. We hope we have the luxury of recreating your experience with us in the near future.