1,838 results
All reviews pool area glass of champagne ocean view stylish hotel upon check location is great lobby bar short walk to the beach la area venice beach main street ocean avenue valet parking los angeles casa del mar concierge hip
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We could not fault this hotel. From the moment we arrived the staff were great. We found it difficult to get adjoining rooms for the family at other hotels but these guys were great in guaranteeing this on booking. The rooms were great and the service awesome.

• Stayed: January 2011
vicejess, Director of Guest Services at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your wonderful stay! I’m pleased to hear that our colleagues were able to accommodate your need for connecting rooms. We understand how important this is when traveling with your family. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2011

Checked in at 11.40 pm. Manager introduced himself without looking at us and checked us in. He was totally expressionless. We asked if we could get something to eat and he said only room service was available. So we went to the bar where we waited to get served. The staff were so busy talking to each other so we decided to approach them. They looked at their watch and said, "sorry we stop serving at midnight"

We went to our room which was extremely small and could not unpack as we were staying for a week and there was not enough accommodation to put our clothes away. There were hairs in the bath and also on the bathroom floor.

We were awakened at 6 am because of bad soundproofing between rooms and the banging of bedroom doors. Also the traffiic started to get very heavy at that time which added ton the collective noises.

Needless to say we checked out in the morning. Our bill was nearly $600 for a terrible experience, I do hasten to add included in that bill was a $30 parking fee and a half bottle of wine from the mimi bar.

I emailed them a few days later and to be fair the manager offered us a free nights stay. I declined this generous offer as we didn't want to waste another of our nights holiday. I did suggest that he could refund our money. Haven't heard from him again!

Ps pool was tiny and sun never shines on it. If you are mid 20s and have $500 +tax+valet+ room tax to waste then this is for you

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Allow me to apologize for some of the inconsistencies that you have commented on. We value the opinions of our guests and appreciate that you allowed us to reach out to you. As discussed we have reviewed your comments with our leadership team to ensure that these situations do not re-occur and a credit has been issued to your account. Please note that the credit may take a few days to appear on your statement.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I really enjoyed our weekend stay at the Viceroy. Great location in Santa Monica, tasteful/fun decor and attention to detail, a super comfy bed, yummy roomservice, very friendly/helpful staff. Feels like a boutique hotel. Truly a great value, and I know I will go back/recommend to friends.

One note: I wouldn't know as I had an oceanview room, but given the pool area scene on Saturday nights, if you have a pool-view room, I would not expect to go to sleep early on a Saturday night due to noise.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2011

The only thing I have to say is that they gave my room key out to people who were not on my hotel list. ARE YOU KIDDING ME
I came back from have a wonderful meal with friends only to find 10 people having a party in My Room which was a suit with all my belongs in it.

- YES - they were drinking from the mini bar.
I did know 2 of the people but they did not have access to my room nor did I give them my key. The front desk person felt it appropriate to give my key out to two strange men. I am a woman who was traveling with other women. Again are you kidding me !!!
WHAT ABOUT SAFETY -
I had to kick the people out and be a hall monitor because people kept going back up to the room.
Yes I complained – and I was told that there was nothing that they could do – that these things sometime happen.

DO NOT STAY HERE unless – you want to have a stranger in your room – because I guess that happens at the ViceRoy

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank tedartmur
vicejess, Director of Guest Services at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Viceroy Santa Monica takes the security of our guests and their belongings extremely seriously. We have security that continuously monitors the guests hallways, public spaces and perimeter of the building to ensure that situations as you described do not occur. We were pleased to report to you last month, that after a lock interrogation of the guest door was done, no additional keys were made other than the ones received at your arrival. Your comment is extremely important to us and we continue to take needful actions to ensure that incidents such as these do not happen at the hotel. We can assure you that our hotel is safe for all travelers.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Really nice rooms and decor, relaxed atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, cool bar and pool area. All in Santa Monica, which is the only bit of LA i like.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

You are absolutely right in your description of our hotel. Thank you for your time and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Viceroy Santa Monica.