“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
Review of The Lobster

The Lobster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 736 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Colorado Ave.
Reviewed November 25, 2017

Great attentive staff, outstanding menu, amazing view of the Pacific Ocean, Malibu, and the Pacific Park on Santa Monica Pier.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is the awesome!!

From the fantastic service, to the wine and food; I cannot fault this place.

Yum Yum Yum!

Will def make this my regular when in LA!

Reviewed November 18, 2017

The food is delicious, the cocktails are amazing, and the prices are insane. I will say, there are reasonably-priced options, but never tell kids they can "order anything they want."

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We ended our honeymoon with a layover in LA. My wife chose The Lobster for our dinner there. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed, because I know Santa Monica fairly well, and that there are endless varieties of restaurants to be had. While all that is true, she made a great choice.

We both got crab/lobster and both of our dishes were fantastic. I got a California spiny lobster, and my wife a Dungess Crab. Both were simply, but perfectly prepared. Cocktails were excellent, the wine pairing was perfect by the glass, and our shared dessert was the best of our two week trip through Southern California and French Polynesia.

The prices at this restaurant are tiered a bit. If you go lobster, you get into sizes, and it gets expensive in a hurry. But it gets better in a hurry. But they do it all well, with a very nice view. We went after sunset, but a sunset table other times of year would add all the more to it. Lastly, the service was fantastic. We loved our last meal of our honeymoon at The Lobster.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Had to find some CA spiny lobster while in season... pulled from the ocean nearby... and The Lobster always does a good job with their grilled variety... yummo. Paired with grilled octopus, crab cakes, salad, local beer and market fresh crisp for dessert. Good beach walkin' sustinance...