Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$294
LeMeridien.com
US$440
US$395
  • Beachfront
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$743
US$336
US$367
US$346
US$460
  • Pool
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$194
Orbitz.com
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$399
US$369
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgreat locationfront deskthe santa monica pierprivate balconyvalet parkingrestaurants and barsawesome hotelstreet promenadefew minutes walkboutique hotelspecial thanksroom was clean and comfortableearly checkcleaning staffgreat shoppingwould definitely stay here againmini bar
Reviewed September 30, 2016

This hotel is in a great location on Ocean Avenue, and our ocean view king room looked straight out to the ocean and pier, though the balcony was very noisy and smelt of pee!
The room layout was not perfect, with the armchair and footstool fouling the balcony door shutters, and the desk fouling the window shutters, so you couldn’t fully open either. They could have been reversed to solve the problem, but I’m not about to do it.
Close to numerous restaurants and the 3rd street Promenade, so well situated. Not cheap, and not perfect, but pretty good.

Room Tip: Ocean view essential
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth N, Front Desk Supervisor at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Dear Offthetouristtrack,

Thank you for acknowledging our prime location on Ocean Avenue. I would also like to thank you for bringing the given points to our attention. We are constantly working on ways to better our guests' experience. If you ever wish to return to the Santa Monica area please don't hesitate to reach out to the hotel directly. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed September 27, 2016

We chose this hotel online as we really enjoy having sea views...and this is what we got. We had an ocean view room on the 3rd floor which was plenty big enough for the 2 of us. It was decorated beautifully in a fresh, modern sea theme...gorgeous white shutters on the windows, king bed, a small balcony, rain shower in the bathroom, lovely colours. The staff were always helpful & friendly-greeting us each time we walked past the front counter. The location was great. You are directly across the road from the beach, a short walk to the Pier and the Third Street Promenade shopping area and lots of restaurants (which you will need as this hotel does t have its own restaurant). We would definitely stay here again.

Dear Frangipani2006,

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the modern theme of the hotel. Our ocean view colors are my favorite! They compliment the décor in the rooms perfectly. We are thrilled to hear we have earned your return. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Best of Wishes,

Reviewed September 24, 2016

After having a stressful pick up from super shuttle lax, we were greeted by Ryan who was just lovely, all the staff are so polite, friendly and helpful. We stayed in a king courtyard room (225), it was amazing the bathroom was nearly as big as the room itself with a double rain shower and great amenities. Great location straight across the road is the Santa Monica pier.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth N, Front Desk Supervisor at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear Allison B,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review! I will share your thoughts with the staff as well as our General Manager and let them know their polite, friendly, and helpful service went very well noticed. It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to hosting you once again when your future travels bring you back to Santa Monica. See you soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights with family in 3 rooms. Location is great and the room size is not bad. if you want to book this hotel only book ocean view the other rooms are not worth it at all.
The staff were ok but i forget my flat iron in my room and i called the same day i left and they didn't help me get it back.

Room Tip: ocean view on the 3rd floor, it got a great view and a nice balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Mary M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. I would like to apologize if you weren't assisted right away in regards to your item left behind at the hotel. If you can please email me when you have a moment I would be more than happy to look into this. My contact information is below.

elizabethnavarro@oceanviewsantamonica.com

Reviewed September 21, 2016

The location was superb, as I was travelling with my 9yr old daughter this suited us well.
I wasn't keen to walk around Santa monica after dark because of the homeless people issue they have there. so this hotel was ideal.
There is no pool but the sea is a short walk away and my daughter loved this.
I would return here.

Room Tip: I wouldnt go for sea views as there is a bar next door and I would assume it may be noisy. We stayed in room 330 which was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear waimako,

It's wonderful to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your time in Santa Monica. We are grateful to have earned your trust and your return. We can't wait to host you once again!