2,694 results
All reviews fig restaurant fig tree ocean tower bungalow bar exhale spa lobby lounge street promenade beautiful property concierge desk car service the santa monica pier beverly hills los angeles valet parking ocean front palisades wilshire
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I last stayed at the Fairmont last September and had a very favorable experience.I can't imagine how this place changed so much in 10-11 months. In all fairness maybe it had to do with July being the busiest season in Santa Monica. Our room ,in the beach tower was very small, although we were upgraded to a lovely ocean view on tha Amex fine hotels program. The wifi/internet service was maddeningly inconsistent and the hotel is getting tired looking ,despite the efforts being made at upgrades. I believe the larger , more comfortable rooms are in the palisade tower but don't get one overlooking the Bungalow, a very crowded noisy nightclub right in front of the hotel. For a five star hotel,and the prices they charge ,this hotel needs some improvements.

Room Tip: The beach tower is quiet, with some excellent ocean views but our room was very small,if you stay in the old tower the rooms are much larger but just make sure your room is facing the pool or high enough so you aren't up all night with noise from the nightclub in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lousat1
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Hotel is past it's prime. We had an upgraded room that looked like a room at a Holiday Inn definitely not worth the $$$$ Everything was past it's age limit. Don't waste your money. There are better choices in the area.

Room Tip: Wifi terrible everyone was complaining of in and out service. Mostly not working
6  Thank Diane S
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Not the best and memorable stay as the Fairmont hotels claim to provide their guests. Rooms were not tidy, water bottles were not new bottles I believe, welcome note was addressed to someone else, very bad and unstable internet, location of suite room was noisy just next to the street...etc

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
5  Thank Sandrine N
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from June 7th to June 12th 2014
I had previously stayed at the hotel once before, during my break last year as well.

The hotel is immaculate to say the least. Absolutely stunning. There are two buildings, one with an older style, not quite victorian, but dark wood look. The other is a more modern upscale tower building. Both times I stayed with family/friends in a suite in the older building. However do not let that discourage you, the older building is just as nice and well kept up.
The pull-out couch is more comfortable than expected, and I say this from personal experience.
Just some interesting/helpful notes:
- The elevators are lightning fast
- There is no continental Breakfast (fear not)
- Rooms are kept up to date, and no shortage of channels (not that you should need them... you're in Santa Monica)
- Shower head has many settings for that perfect feel
- They have a makeup mirror for your nagging lady friend.. I mean wonderful woman acquaintance.
- The location is perfect. Plenty of places around. Drive North a few miles for a spectacular Malibu mountain drive, East for an inner LA experience, or just hop down to the Pier and spend the day at the beach.
- Meals are rather expensive, HOWEVER you need to keep in mind this is not your average hotel, and that applies to the meals as well. They are second to none, absolutely spectacular
- Staff is friendly and helpful, ask them anything they will be happy to help you.
- The Sauna and Steam room are FREE to use (we were unaware of this until this past stay, a great way to relax and after an early morning workout)
- BMW Bicycles are available at no charge (This was a big win for my family, as we LOVE bike riding).

I was very impressed and will certainly be returning the next chance I get.

Room Tip: Rooms in the brick building are less modern (fear not, they are still up to date) but provide a nice view of the pool and suite style living Use the amenities provided, there are plenty! Not sure if something is provided? Call and ask.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay over July 4th weekend. Hotel was crowded but we enjoyed our ocean front upgrade. We were concerned about noise from The Bungalow but it was not an issue. Hotel grounds were lovely. Room was as well but bathroom was tiny. Appreciated the pool servers asking for id from young guests trying to order cocktails! Too bad the young guests were already intoxicated! I would be happy to stay here again. Much preferred over Loews.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts