“Best Value and Unbelievable Service”

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 4 March 2012

These folks have the best trained, most helpful staff I have ever encountered. Not only do they treat you well they keep this property in pristine condition.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the court yard area is pretty well guaranteed to be quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Santa Monica

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed there for one night with my wife as I had an appointment at UCLA the next day. This property is about 4 easy miles to UCLA Medical Plaza. We asked for a first floor room as my wife has a problem with steps. When we arrived the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a courtyard room with easy access from the rear of the parking lot. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the continental breakfast and again found the staff to be very helpful when we had a request for an item that we could not find on the spread. The free WiFi was easy to use and seemed to have adequate speed. Parking is also free.

On the downside the parking is a little tight but not real bad. There is no heat in the bathroom so you have to make sure to leave the bathroom door open all night so that you don't freeze in the shower in the morning. The bathroom heat lamp has been replaced with a fluorescent spotlight so that does not provide any additional spot heat. The TV while a good size HDTV has poor picture quality. The heat pump that provides the heating and cooling has a two speed fan that is louder than I prefer.

All that being said, we will most likely stay there when I have my surgery at UCLA. The microwave and small fridge will really come in handy during the longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for one night with a friend. We had a room with two large beds, little kitchen and bathroom. The room was very comfortable and clean- lovely beds with lots of pillows, large tv and very nicely (and recently) decorated. The rooms are situated motel style around a courtyard, no lifts but our luggage was carried up for us. Breakfast was good- a self service continental buffet of coffee, juice, cereal, toast, bagels and fruit. The staff were brilliant- so friendly and helpful, answered all our questions, organised taxis and shuttles and let me checkout 2 hours late.
Only downside would be distance from beach ($12 taxi ride) but otherwise this was value for money and a very easy and lovely place to spend a night.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations for a 6 night stay. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. It is obvious that the owner/management know what customers want. I had a decent size room with a king bed; eat in area with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. I have been to many hotels in Venice and Santa Monica and this by far is the best value I have received. It is a hidden gem in a nice neighborhood. If you desire, there is a Trader Joe’s within a very short walk. Free parking and continental breakfast also.

Room Tip: Stairs to second floor in the building I was in, although if one needs help with luggage they offere...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rich7777
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I had a great 3 night stay at the Travelodge on Pico Blvd. I originally reserved a queen sized room and was upgraded to a room with a kitchenette (because I needed a fridge).
Good neighborhood, free reliable wifi, a free safe to use in the room, comfy bed, clean room, awesome water pressure, free parking, and very friendly staff. Also had a continental breakfast (w/hardboiled eggs and cereals/fruit/juice). I stayed in a non-smoking room #420 where there was a gated courtyard. I am a single woman and I came for work and felt very safe. My favourite part was the Trader Joe grocery store next door (reasonably priced organic food). And there is a selection of good restaurants up and down the street.
It's not a fancy hotel by any means, but for the price it was superb, fresh and clean. And the courtyard is pretty all lit up at night.
Its perfect for those who want to spend most of their visit out and about and have a wonderful place to rest...I would definitely come back again and bring my family too.

Room Tip: I had room 420, corner room w kitchenette and couryard was quiet, but this was during off season.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed her for 2 nights with my dog
Good room it's an older buliding but they have really updated the rooms
Had a small kitchen with frige micro and a table w/two chairs very good when you traveling with the pooch.
Trader Joes next door and lots of eating options in the area
Nice friendly Off leash park at the airport is a short drive
Good freeway acess to the garment district where I was doing some buying

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It's not fancy and the room is small, but it's clean, quiet, and reliable, and in this price range that's all I hope for. The shower was hot and the towels were big and soft. They have a decent continental buffet in the morning. They have free wifi.
You could do a lot worse and I have. See my review of the Hacienda LAX, where I stayed the night before, for a description of exactly the kind of place that is a lot worse.

And it's right across the street from the famous McCabe's guitar shop Somebody famous might be playing there the night you are staying over.

Room Tip: I stayed in 104. It was just fine, and being in the main building it was close to the breakfast buff...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business