“General Manager”

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stay for 3 days, and it's clean and affordable but, General Manager doesn't know how to speak english and doesn't know how to accomodate guest, very strick I saw him on the hallway and was angry with one of hotel housekeeper. I came from Australia and found this hotel because some of the hotel in Santa Monica is fully and found this hotel, never disappointed in the hotel because of cleanliness, but disappointed with the General Manager because of attitude and rudeness to employee.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Santa Monica

Reviewed 6 May 2012

My wife and I stay here a couple times a month because it is a quiet, very nice, clean, well equiped, facility at a very reasonable price. It is in a decent neighborhood (upper middle class for LA). It is convenient to dining, grocery, and pharmacy stores and an easy bus ride or drive to major shopping areas and the beach. Tour buses come to the facility if you want to see LA that way. In what must be over 50 stays at this facility, there has been one botched reservation which was made through the 800 number and was probably due to the limitaions in the International Reservation System - the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us and made our stay very pleasant. I now always make reservation through the (310) 450-5766 number.

Room Tip: There are 4 building and all the rooms we have been in were great. If you are driving, the parking b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Just returned from a two night stay,which I booked about two months ago- got off to an ominous start, when the reservation agent botched my stay dates-I was subsequently billed a one night "no show" fee- instructed Travelodge not to credit the amount,but rather bill me for one night stay instead of two on checking out-more on that later.

First impression of the room (courtyard facing) was positive-very clean,nice flat screen TV with lots of cable channels, little kitchen nook with table for two,fridge (which worked for only 1 day of my stay) and microwave.The bathroom was adequate and again more importantly ,pretty clean.
The mattress was comfy and the pillows good- I am on the eternal quest for a comfy pillow-my constantly sore neck attesting to the lack of good pillows at my home-considered asking Travelodge if I could purchase one of their pillows,but never got around to it.
Please be aware (especially if you are travelling with a BF/GF)-that the walls (and ceilings) have no insulation whatsoever and I was constantly awakened at all hours by my energetic next door neighbours,who seemed to be honeymooners.Making matters worse my upstairs neighbours had a baby who apparently was not the best of sleepers (perhaps also kept up by the honeymooning couple) so the pitter patter of mom's feet were heard throughout the night.

I never hired a car this time round and made good use of the ubiquitous Big Blue Bus (BBB)
which serves the greater Santa Monica area and LAX.The line "7" up the road on 33rd Street and Pico,serves the pier and 3rd Street Promenade,whilst line "3" serves LAX -all for the miserly price of $1 per ride or day pass for $4.Have to say ,there are a lot of weirdo's in LA-most of whom seem to ride the BBB as well-so be prepared for plenty of entertainment.

Checked out and lo and behold I was billed for a two night stay (they never took the erroneous 1 night "no show" billing in to account) this after taking pains at check in to explain the situation
was assured that all would be ok at check out-anyway a credit was applied-and hopefully I will see this credit applied to my card.
In summary I can say things were not that bad-one tends to cut so called "budget" establishments some slack on reviewing,but in my opinion there is no excuse for shoddy and careless work when it comes to reservations etc.Not sure I would give this outfit another try.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Canuckle154943
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights over Easter and found it was one of the best hotels we stayed in during our time in Cali, and best of the three Travelodges.

The room was well kept and clean with a good Wifi connection, fridge, microwave and even a small kitchen area with table. This was good for quiet times and could make your stay more budget if you shop at Trader Joes just towards the freeway (good selection of just about everything!)

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom fresh. There was a secure Courtyard in front of our room with loungers and more tables which also had some night lighting making it easy to navigate when we got back after nights out.

The location was good for the beach and freeway as others have said and the open top bus tours run down Pico heading to the beach so you can pick it up at the College stop about 10 minutes down the road, and get dropped off after your tour (which was very good but I would question if it was worth $35 each to include the interchange etc. Use a voucher for a $5 discount).

For Morgan car owners - Morgan West is about a minute away towards the beach on the opposite side and thanks to the guys there for a chat :-)

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I spent several nights at this Travelodge - for Santa Monica - the price was terrific - and I opted for the Jacuzzi room - a bit more money but worth it in my opinion...

The Jacuzzi room was not a suite - and no separate closet - but overall - the bed was great - everything about the room was fine - and yes - the Jacuzzi tub worked very well -

LOCATION - 3 miles from the beach - I had my bike and made the ride DOWN and back UP as well as along the beach - 4 times in 3 days!!! - awesome ride!!!

Front desk personnel were exceptional in their welcome and accommodating my requests

The continental breakfast is lower fare - many hotels are adding the fresh hot waffle machine - as well as yogurt ... This hotel does not have the waffle iron... - no waffles at all (maybe for my waistline - that was a good thing - LOL)
To their credit- they did have boiled eggs for protein - no point in trying to survive on an all-carb breakfast...

For anyone who is a TRADER JOE'S shopping fan - it is across the street from the 4th wing... - if you have never been to TJ's - it is an experience (can you say 2 Buck Chuck??)

I certainly would go back here again

Too get any sort of better place in Santa Monica - and it would be nowhere near the beach - one would spend at least $100 more!!!

Room Tip: spend the extra $25 or so - and get the Jacuzzi room - well worth it!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Surprise this is a great bargain in Santa Monica Clean and comfy. The best mattress quality for perfect sleep. Continental breakfast and free parking with free wifi. So it is not the most attractive place but who cares! It is well worth the price to stay here. Convenient to downtown district. We have enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

perfect place if you do not want to overspend and staying only for a night. thats what we did. alot of free car spaces, quite locating.room is clean and spacious with clean bathroom. Breakfast not great - tea,coffee,bagel with cheese, butter, toast and fruits but you do have amazing spanish restaurant - cheap and tasty.
would be back again