“Phenomenal Wines, Phenomenal Times - Highly Reccomend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wine Country Chauffeur

Wine Country Chauffeur
Ranked #11 of 26 Tours in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Crafting personalized wine tours in the Sonoma and Napa Valleys and the Clear Lake area, Wine Country Chauffeur can guide you to the finest wineries, restaurants and accomodations. Whether you prefer a lively and exciting adventure or a more subdued, relaxing private tour, Wine Country Chauffeur can customize the perfect tour to meet your personal tastes.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Phenomenal Wines, Phenomenal Times - Highly Reccomend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

My wife and I wanted to tour a number of Sonoma wineries in a relatively short period of time with two other couples from the UK and Canada. Philip (the business owner and our driver) went above and beyond in terms of understanding our interests, taking us to a winery that was a must-visit for us while introducing us to several new wineries. All was accomplished in a leisurely day trip including pick up and drop off in downtown San Francisco. The Wine Country Chauffeur is knowledgeable about his community and interested in sharing it with his clients. On top of that the rates are very reasonable and in line with most other similar options. We hope you enjoy a day with the Wine Country Chauffeur as much as we did!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Michael S

Jenks, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WCC is absolutely the way to go! Philip is the epitome of professionalism!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

My husband and I spent 4 days in Sonoma County with another couple. Philip was so helpful in the planning stages of our trip! He picked the 2 of us up at the Oakland airport and took us back at the end of our vacation. He was our escort for two days of wine tours and tastings. I cannot say enough about his professionalism! He was always on time, available when we had questions and gave us the space to act like tourists when we wanted to act like tourists. Philip's selection of wineries was excellent! It was money well-spent to have someone with his knowledge of the area and wines and no worries about tasting and driving. If you're planning a trip to the Wine Country, give Philip a call. You won't be disappointed!

1 Thank BeckyB21
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WCC exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

We are so glad we decided on Philip at Wine Country Chauffeur. Initially, I didn't want to spend the extra $, but for 2 main reasons, it was worth every penny: (1) not having to worry about drinking and driving; (2) Philip's professionalism and knowledge of the area and the wine industry. I decided on WCC based on several excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I sent him a query about his services via his website at 6pm PST on a Monday night. Within 1 hour I had a call back and an email reply. I knew at that point that WCC was the right choice. We gave him some basic info on what we were expecting and our personality styles. Philip set up an itinerary based on places that we wanted to see which helped him deliver a unique and custom experience just for us. We reserved WCC for 2 full days and due to this, a discount was negotiated for us. His attention to detail is incredible and he took the initiative to set up wine tastings and wine pairing appointments for us. The added bonus to all of this was due toPhilip's knowledge and personal experience in the wine country. He was prompt and on time each day. Philip really understands what customer service is all about. He had bottled water in the vehicle which we definitely needed at the end of each day. While we were driving he answered our questions in detail and explained things to us we wouldn't have noticed. Before we even hit the first winery he had pulled over and got out of the Navigator to show and explain to us how cool and/or warm growing seasons affect the way the wineries maintain the vines. I cannot even begin to explain all of the other gems of information he provided to us. Aside from tasting wine, the wealth of information that he passed on to my wife and I helped us to appreciate and understand wine and the wine industry even more. Definitely bring a video camera and a photo camera. Besides getting video of the tour, we ended up getting video of Philip's explanations of the several things he explained to us. We wanted to see a couple of the bigger wineries and some of the lesser known wineries. Our itinerary was flexible and we decided to pass on a couple of the larger wineries to see some the smaller ones that Philip recommended. One of our favorite lesser known wineries was Lynmar in the Russian River Valley. If you plan on going to the lesser known wineries be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes just in case you spend time outside, as most roads to the lesser known wineries have gravel. The heat can be unpredictable, too. The first 2 full days in Napa, the high temp was in the 80s. On our thrid day the temperature jumped to 104. If you wake up and it's not overcast in the middle of the summer, be prepared for a hot one!!

2 Thank troyspeno
Front Royal, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable, Caring, Organized trip with the help of Wine Country Chauffer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

A friend recommended Philip Peterson of Wine Country Chauffer. He was extremely accommodating to our group. We had 8 people with different interests, tastes, experiences and he made everyone happy. We selected a couple of 'must have stops' and let him choose the rest. His timings were impeccable. I was amazed that we never felt rushed and made it exactly on time to every appointment. He selected a nice cross-section of winery types. I would highly recommend using his service to anyone regardless of wine knowledge, travel savvy or personality type.

Bemidji, Minnesota
“Perfect Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

I went to visit my old college roommate at her place in Tahoe. We decided to go spend a few days in the Napa/Sonoma area because neither of us have ever been and we love to drink wine. I made arrangements with Wine Country Chauffeur (Philip) and we were so so glad we did! He took great care of us and took us to beaufiful wineries. He was very knowledgeable! We chose to spend the afternoon touring Sonoma and my friend and I thought it was wonderful. My friend and I hope to do a trip like this every year, and maybe even one year we will bring our husbands :) We both recommended this company to everybody we knew. We look forward to seeing Philip again in the future! Our advice to anybody interested is to plan on spending a full day with Philip, as you will not be disapointed!