“Comfortable and Elegant”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Roseville, CA
“Comfortable and Elegant”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a nicely done small hotel that is right next to the freeway but seems to be remote. The rooms are lovely and spacious with cute balconies on the upper floors. Bed was very comfortable. They provide duraflame-type logs and matches for the fireplace. Turndown service is offered with cookies. The bathtub/ shower was larger than usual for a hotel, and made for a nice spacious shower without your elbow hitting the shower curtain. The bath amenities were nice quality. Flat screen TV was OK but not HD. The continental breakfast included in the price of the room was more than adequate for us, but they also offer hot breakfasts if you want to pay more. The restaurant onsite was really nice, with excellent food and service and a nice wine list. We wanted to use the jogging trail, but it had been raining and was blocked off, probably because it was a big muddy wallow. You do notice the sounds of the freeway as you walk around the grounds, but we did not notice it at night from our room.
One downside- no coffee maker in the room. They set up coffee service in the downstairs area of each building, which means you have to get dressed or risk having other guests see you in your bathrobe. The coffee was good quality though. If you want tea at night, you have to go outside and walk to the lobby- the rain killed that idea, so I went without. Other than that, no complaints. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Loved upstairs room because of vaulted ceiling and balcony. Our room (214) was quiet, but I wonder...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Only a few minutes off the 101 freeway, The Vintners Inn in Santa Rosa, is a compound of several two story buildings surrounded by vineyards, beautiful gardens, and a large bubbling fountain. During our stay we enjoyed an afternoon wine tasting with cheese, a split of wine in our room, complimentary continental breakfast, and certificates for wine tastings at nearby wineries. Our downstairs beautifully appointed corner room had big windows on three sides and a glass door to a private patio. Upstairs rooms have balconies. The king size bed was super comfortable and the service was excellent. The hot tub was not working and there is no swimming pool, which I think would be great in summer. On the property is a first class restaurant, John Ash & Company, which is not to be missed. We really liked the courtyard village feeling. There is always a large separate banquet facility serving up to 250 people perfect for weddings, conferences, or other gatherings. This is a 4.5 STAR facility.

Room Tip: We loved our downstairs corner room with patio as it had large windows on three sides. Upstairs woul...
2 Thank StarLady99
San Jose, California
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here while our son was checking out Sonoma State University. Even though it was not exactly close to the college, being out of the way at this beautiful Inn was worth the drive. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom tub divine, and the fireplace and balcony very nice. Sunrise was spectacular both mornings. You might notice the power plant while driving in, but once you are on the grounds you do not notice it or the freeway at all. In fact, it's actually nice having access to the freeway. The jogging/running path is a nice touch as well. We found the service (front desk, breakfast, housekeeping and restaurant/bar) to be very friendly and accommodating. My husband did leave his pillow on accident, but I'm not sure he tried to contact the Inn about it. They did not contact us.

2 Thank Carrie012
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. The pillow should have been mailed out yesterday!
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Extremely comfortable rooms, large and spacious. Beautiful grounds. My wife and I had an excellent stay.

My only complaint was that our room service plates and trays had not been removed from our room when we got back at 11:00 from our night out even though turn down service had come through.

Overall it was comfortable, quiet and well worth the price.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank cs34109
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My wife and I had not been to The Vintners Inn and John Ash & Co in over twenty years. Shame on us! We took advantage of a promotion that included the room, a credit towards dinner and two Winery Passes for two. There is also a continnental breakfast included.
The property is outstanding and our room was delightful.
We had a pre dinner cocktail at the bar, which was very quaint and lively.
We had an exceptional dinner. The setting, the service and the meal were all five stars.
I had the lamb shank, which melted from the bone and my wife had the diver scallops, which were remarkable. The wait staff was knowledgable and very attentive.
We will return, and it willl not take us another twenty years.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bobostours
Dallas
Reviewed 11 January 2012

First, the property itself is just wonderful. Courtyards with fountains, cobblestone, vines etc., just lovely. The rooms were warm and comfy, with wonderful furnishings and beautiful views. The service great also, housekeeping meticulous and all others we dealt with very friendly. Oh, and the restaraunt was top notch. So what's not to like?????

Oh, my gosh, 7 AM Saturday morning and there is this roar. At first I told my husband I thought we were having an earthquake! We then figured it out that it had to have been a jet. So much for sleeping in! At breakfast the hostess told us the aiport is just a few miles away. She added that they are expanding and bigger jets will be coming in. She then said the area is going after mass tourism (she said all of this like it was going to be a good thing!)

This was our third and probably last trip to Sonoma County. It had already started to loss it's "quaintness" but the direction they are going it will be nowhere near what it used to be. Head to the Upper Napa Valley, St. Helena and Calistoga, these are much more surreal, peaceful areas. Too bad they go too big for their britches!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank texaslisa
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for your feed back, we appreciate your taking the time to comment. I have no idea what noise you may have heard but I don't think it would have been a jet. The airport runways are not long enough to accommodate large commercial jets. How rude though that whatever it was occurred at 7 in the morning. Since I haven't had any other comments about this I'm at a loss to give you an answer. I'm not sure who you spoke with since we don't have a breakfast hostess, perhaps someone at the front desk? Unfortunately, their facts were not quite right. Sonoma County, like all great destinations, is encouraging tourism. The expansion plans for the Sonoma County airport have been on the books for awhile with completion in 2020. So, I do hope you'll continue to come to beautiful Sonoma Wine Country and since you spoke so glowingly about Vintners Inn, you'll come back and see us again. Please feel free to call me directly if you have any questions.
newyork
Reviewed 7 January 2012

this property is lovely. We stayed ther for 3 nights over Thanksgiving week. The rooms are very big and connecting (we have kids and NEED connecting rooms) and not many properties particularly around Sonoma and Napa can offer that.
My only complaint is that the staff serving breakfast is overwhelmed. Not a big deal but can become annoying. In this area they are very disorganized (forget your orders or mix them up...). Most of them are young people trying hard but not reaching their goals.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for your comments, guest feed back is extremely important to us. The issue with breakfast service is actually something we're addressing this year with new management and training. Not reaching their goals and that of the Inn's is exactly what we're trying to change. I hope the next time you visit us you'll be pleasantly surprised at the reorganization, just give us another month or two.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#7 of 25 in Santa Rosa
35.2 km away
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!