We stayed overnight before our safari at Safari West in one of their tents. The tent was great for the 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids as it had a King sized bed and a set of bunk beds. The only thing I was worried about it because of them using a regular mattress on the top bunk, there is really no rail, so I was afraid of my kid falling out in the middle of the night. Other then that, the beds were super comfy and because we went in late December I was also worried about the cold. Safari West made sure the no one was cold with space heaters in the room and electric blankets on all of the beds. In the middle of the night, the power went off and I was worried that we were going to freeze but they thought about that too, and it wasnt long before their back up generators kicked in so the cold was never an issue.
The only reason that I couldnt give them an excellent rating is because of the dinner buffet. When you stay there, you pretty much have to eat there as they lock the gate. For 2 adults and 2 kids it was over $100 not including if you wanted a can of Soda with your meal. (Hot Chocolate, Hot Tea, Coffee were included). That was pretty steep for what you got. The mac and cheese was horrible and even my kids wouldnt eat it, the salad was bland, and the tri tip was just okay. For that amount of money I was expecting a much better meal then we had.
All in all, I think that it was a great trip and something we will do again, just make other arrangements for something to eat for dinner. The staff is great and safari and property along with the tents were wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Africa by way of Sonoma County…Come discover the Sonoma Serengeti.The classic African safari is a trip of a lifetime for intrepid travelers from around the globe - and, it is closer than you think!. Families who are curious and wild at heart can get close to nature...very close! Marvel under the gaze of a graceful giraffe or explore the Sonoma Serengeti alongside romping rhinos. Our guests enjoy enlightening African wildlife safari drives, and “glamping” tent cabin accommodations. The sounds of Africa will echo in your dreams. Stay one night in a luxury safari tent located on Giraffe Alley, meet some giraffes and go on Safari! Is Safari West Family Friendly?The entire Safari West experience is a kid-friendly adventure for families to enjoy together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Safari West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari West Hotel Santa Rosa
- Safari West Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County