US$270
US$244
GardenInn.com
Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$200
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$123
Sandman Hotel
US$289
Redwood Inn(Santa Rosa)
US$115
The Gables Wine Country Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$199
Official Site
US$484
US$464
Hyatt.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I'm not usually a complainer, but this place really let us down. My wife and I had reserved a Studio Suite with 2 Full Beds. At check-in, we were told there was no such room available, and that we'd be assigned 2 separate rooms each with a single bed. We said this was not acceptable. After 10 minutes or so, they assigned us to the type of room we had reserved, a studio with 2 full beds.
When we went to the room, we found it had a musty smell and that it was equipped with almost nothing: no bath towels, no hangers, no cups, no kitchen supplies. No one explained to us how the kitchen supplies work - I'm still not sure if we were supposed to request bowls, mugs, coffee maker, etc. from the front desk. When we asked about the unusable kitchen, we were told that the grab-and-go breakfast made the kitchen unnecessary.
In the bathroom, there was a holster for the hair dryer, but no hair dryer. There was one tiny bottle of shampoo, on the floor of the bathtub, which is not enough for a couple even for one day.
While spacious, the room was not equipped or maintained at the level one would expect at a hotel charging over $150 per night.
The room above us had one or more kids stomping around for many hours throughout our stay, mostly in the mornings and in the evenings. We called the desk at 9:30 pm on our second night to ask them to talk to the room above us, which they said they would do. I'm not sure they ever talked to them, or it took a long time to do so, because it was another 30-45 minutes before the stomping ended for that night.
On the first evening, we explained to the front desk that we and many other triathletes were staying in the hotel and would be heading out by 4:30 or 5 the next morning to compete in a major race. We asked if they could have coffee set up in the lobby by 4am, and the person at the desk said that would be no problem. The next morning, there was no coffee downstairs as promised. The person at the desk said she had not been told to have coffee ready early, and was not responsive. She didn't attempt to get coffee made or offer to do anything about it.
Aside from coffee, the grab-and-go breakfast could certainly have been set up early for the athletes. I've stayed at other nearby hotels, and the staff at other hotels are well-aware of the Vineman race, stay on top of the needs of the athletes, flex their procedures, and respond quickly to any issues that come up.
There was no public restroom on the first floor as hotels ordinarily provide. After a long drive I needed a restroom before checking in. Someone had to let me through a locked employee break-room, which had a restroom inside. Again, not what one expects at a $150/night hotel.
There are better options available in the area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. All of the aforementioned service failures you experienced are outside of the norm and are truly regrettable. First, I would like to apologize for any confusion there may have been during the check-in process. We will be addressing this issue right away. Also, I understand there is some confusion about our kitchen supplies. In an effort to guarantee proper sanitation of kitchen utensils and to allow our guests to customize their kitchen based on their needs, all kitchen utensils are available upon request from the front desk. All of these things are to be communicated at check-in and I apologize that we did not provide the information needed to make your stay comfortable and convenient. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not have breakfast or coffee ready for you in the morning and I will be addressing this issue right away, as well as reiterating the importance of providing our guests with professional and prompt. I am grateful for your feedback so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Again, I apologize that our hotel was not to your standards. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at srn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

This is a basic hotel so don't go expecting a 4-star hotel! The rooms are nice, large and clean. There is a little kitchen with stove, sink and refrigerator and it's set up nicely. The room has two tables with chairs (more like desks than dining tables) but we pulled the table out and put the two chairs at it and it was a great dining table. The closet is kind of funky with a curtain instead of a door, but actually it works well because they've installed shelves on one side so you can put your shoes, purses, etc. so I liked it. Everything worked great - the fridge was cold, the water was hot and all the appliances worked great. They don't have it stocked when you arrive, but they give you what you need at check-in. For the price I would say it was a good hotel. It was quiet at night and very comfortable. They had easy access to many doors and elevators. The check-in lady was very nice, but if I had to give them any suggestion at all, it would be a staff meeting for the crew on professional behavior. I can't say that I was offended or anything like that. They just have their break room right next to the check-in and they need to be reminded that many people are bi-lingual! I would recommend this hotel to a traveler.

Room Tip: The back lot at the 2nd floor level means a short walk to your room with no need for elevator or stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the service issues you experienced. I will use your comments to coach our staff to ensure that each guest receives professional customer service. We are sorry for this issue, but are glad to read that you had a satisfactory stay overall and enjoyed our reasonable rates. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2016

My non-smoking room smelled of cigarette smoke; One of the lamps and both the fan and light above the stove did not work; The drain stopper was not connected to the tub; A dog was barking in someone's room for 45 minutes; The wall was so thin that the sounds of normal conversation and the TV in the next room were easily heard - my neighbors stayed awake until 4:00 AM - I only got a total of 3 hours of interrupted sleep.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed February 6, 2016

I stayed here for three nights after a long overseas trip and really just wanted a nice, quiet place to recuperate while visiting family in the area. I was put on bottom floor at the end of the hall in front of the elevator, door to outside and cleaning room. This was so noisy, all night long. I could hear elevator, maids, voices, the people next door, etc. It was so noisy I thought they were literally in my room. The place needs serious upgrades, all furniture is tired and broken, the room was very dusty and needed a deep clean. The staff tried to be helpful but didn't really do anything to make my stay better after I complained about the noise. Coming back at night there were loiterers around the building which made me uncomfortable so I didn't feel safe as a single traveler. The breakfast was a joke, muffins and granola bars, but I guess you get what you pay for. They have laundry but it's pretty expensive to do one load, about $4 for wash and dry. The downtown area is about a 10 min drive, grocery store close by, across street from hospital, but there are much better options around town.

Room Tip: Higher, away from elevator
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will coach our staff to make sure we are better monitoring the noise levels in our hotel to ensure that each guest has a comfortable stay. Additionally, I will make sure we are implementing deep cleaning and preventative maintenance procedures. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at srn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 25, 2016

Staff at the front desk was just fine. Usually very nice and helpful. I stayed here for 16 days for work. After about the first week and a half, my toilet didn't flush right, so I called the front desk, they sent maintenance there while I was at work. I returned to my room later that night to find out that your maintenance man(apparently there is only one), stole my unopened pack of cigarettes that were on my desk. I reported it to the front desk. About a week later, the toilet COMES OFF OF MY WALL upon flushing! So, they send maintenance again. He said the screw came undone that holds the back to the bowl. He replaced the screw, and was just going to walk out, leaving ALL the water on the floor in the bathroom!!! After I addressed it, his reply to me was, "oh, yeah, I guess I can clean that up for you." I am not one to complain, as I can't stand to hear people complaining myself, but seriously? So, the maintenance guy "cleans" up the water. I go into the bathroom after he tells me, "ok, you're good to go, all the water is taken up, toilet is fixed" to see WATER ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Under the sink, on my shelf, still everywhere. Enough water to completely soak another towel. At this point I was completely furious, called the front desk to let them know that I just went ahead and cleaned the rest of the water up myself. Also mind you, they only have ONE maintenance guy right, so this was the same guy who stole my cigarettes then too. I go to use the toilet an hour or so later, and it's STILL leaking. I asked to be put into another room. Upon checking out, there was a lady at the front counter, who stayed on the 3rd floor, who was waiting for the front desk guy to get maintenance there, because she had leaking water ALL OVER HER FLOOR. I understand you get what you pay for, this is just ridiculous though. My company pays money to put their workers here, and you better believe, when I have my meeting with them today, I will be letting them know of my experiences here.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business