“Not up to usual Quality Inn standards”

Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Decent place but meager breakfast, thin towels, and obviously trying to skimp. Billed as new location but it's an older hotel, just rebranded.

Pros:
- convenient access to freeway
- reasonably clean

Cons:
- older place that could use remodeling
- hidden extra charge for safe. You should insist they remove it if you do not use the safe.
- no elevator ( all King rooms are upstairs)
- poor breakfast - cereals were frosted flakes and fruit loops; fruit was green apples; coffee was awful; long wait for waffle iron; otherwise just toast or little blueberry muffins
- minimal number of thin towels (mine was stained)
- thin walls
- no easy access electric outlets ( had to move the bed)
- wifi was ridiculous - did not cache my login so every time I reopened my iPhone I had to open a new browser and wait for the authorization page

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed 27 June 2011

I read the reviews and was apprehensive about staying but the company booked us there, so there I go.
OK, the breakfast is so-so; hard boiled eggs and microwave sausage but otherwise the place was fine. There are restaurants and C-stores within walking distance and the bedding was actually pretty high quality. No bed bugs, as some have suggested. Perfectly quiet, safe night's sleep. Good neighborhood, no hookers or thugs.
It's comfortable and a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Buzz_of_The_Branch
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We spent three nights at the Quality Inn Santa Rosa and drove to Napa Valley each day so it was only a place to come at night. The room was a decent size with a queen size bed but: carpet in the room was filthy, the towels in the bath were paper thin, the breakfast was very poor, no elevator (we were told before we booked). For the price it was ok but look for better if you can. There is a young lady at the front desk (debbie) who is very kind and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My wife and I stayed here Saturday April 9th so we could visit the Charles Schulz museum.

The price was ok, but the hotel looked nothing like the picture. It's obviously an old hotel, it didn't even have an elevator. The carpet was worn down, the doors were all dinged up, etc. It did have a nice shower head and the bed was comfy.

I wasn't really pleased with the area. Santa Rosa Avenue was as noisy as a freeway all night long, and you can hear everything that's going on in the rooms around you! The parking lot is dinky, and there's a sports bar on the other side. There's a 'gentleman's club' about 2 blocks away... the area just seemed run down.

In the morning when we were leaving I had to ask for a receipt, only to find out they added a safe charge to my stay. A) we didn't use the safe and B) it wasn't in my online reservation.

The guy who checked us in was clearly sick but was still helpful when we arrived Saturday night. Breakfast was fine and was consistent with other self-serve 'hot' breakfasts served at most Comfort Inn/Quality Inns.

We didn't see any sign of bugs. We did smell smoke on our floor, even though everything is supposedly non-smoking. Our room at least was fine, it was just the hallway at the top of the stairs.

There was no fridge in our room, and the ac unit was really noisy. It woke us up twice when cycling on/off during the night.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I got bit 4 times in one night and after I mentioned to the front desk that I saw a bug the first night of my stay, they quickly tried to downplay it. The general manager still hasn't replied back to me on this. So it feels as if my complaints are being largely ignored. Don't risk bringing these things home to your family, I definitely won't be staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Oenophile82
Reviewed 15 January 2011

This is good hotel to stay in, with the exception of one thing, they need a elevator. We had senior citizens traveling with us, and we all had quite a bit of luggage. We had to carry it up to the second floor (no elevator). That's the only beef I had with this hotel, other than that it was clean and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2010

This was my final stay here, as there are plenty of other choices in the area. The management always "slips in" the little charge for the safe, which I never use. They then lament that they cannot back out the charge, which is complete B.S. Never Again....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4.5 km away
Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
#3 of 10 in Rohnert Park

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country? Share your experiences!