“Great Mexican - Definitely Worth a Try”
Review of El Brinquito

El Brinquito
Ranked #259 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 20, 2016

This was my first time here. The place isn't much to look at, although they're doing some work on an outside patio area. Food was great -- I had the carne asada, and my son had the supreme nachos. Great salsa -- spicy as it should be. Service was quick and friendly. Pricing was appropriate. This isn't the fanciest Mexican restaurant in town, but definitely the best outside of downtown (and plenty of parking).

Reviewed February 23, 2016

8pm on a Tuesday eve, light crowd. I was able to get the servers personal albondigas recipe while ordering my meal. She brought over every salsa they had ( 4 fresh ones )
after I told her I like to pour it on. Very good and different tasting, in the 4-8 scale hot-wise. We had a chili relleno, chimichanga, and crispy taco. All very good. We'll be back!

Reviewed January 12, 2015

Travel the 101 corridor frequently, and hoped to find an easy on/off good Mexican restaurant. Not this place. Counter server was pretty clueless about offerings on the menu. Didn't know differences between dishes, even though menu items are pretty standard for a northern CA Mexican restaurant/ Had the Taco salad with Pollo asada. It was flavorless, and I too got grizzle from the chicken joints, and a bone. Really greasy taco shell, boring beans, quacamole mediocre, flavors didn't pull together as they should in a taco salad. Prices were reasonable, but given the food quality, NOT worth it. I'll keep looking for a better quick highway meal.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

Used to go when it was ES 2, and it was good, but had started to go downhill... with the new owners is totally on the uprise!
The food is fresh and reasonably priced. It is quick and the salsa is fantastic if you like a little heat.. the tostada and super taco are my favorites, al pastor or carnitas are my faves.. I head here everytime I am in this part of town.. used to be several times a week when my office was down the street!!

Reviewed November 17, 2014 via mobile

First off I miss the #2 location, I still go to Healdsburg to the original location. Been wanting to try the new restaurant that took over but always a skeptic. To start the lady working the register was a jerk, my wife ordered a fish plate and expected mojara, ended up with fish tacos. I ordered Chile rellenos but they came back to tell me they ran out, I get a shrimp chimichanga with camrones a la diabla. We waited for 20 minutes after our chips, place wasn't busy, my chimi came out hot while my wife's food was cold. I think my wife ate because we were hungry and in a hurry, otherwise we should've passed, my chimi was full of beans and rice, 6 shrimp and in a Chipotle sauce that wasn't a la diabla. Won't be going back, limited menu and overall wasn't that good.