“Flavorful food, service lacked”
Review of El Brinquito

El Brinquito
Ranked #294 of 568 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

Our first visit and impressions aren't strong. Service was lacking. We didn't know if we order first or sit down and the response was basically here are your menus and go where you want.
We ordered nachos and chili verde. The meat on both of them were seasoned so well but I was so disappointed that an authentic Mexican restaurant would use a cheese whiz type of sauce vs melted natural cheese on the nachos was just sad. It took away the flavor of the grilled chicken.
The salsa was spiced but tasty and the pico was really good along with the chips.
We weren't even asked if we needed a ToGo container.

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Five of us love Mexican and everyone loved this small restaurant. Great service and staff. Clean. Self-serve order and they bring food to the people.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

I have been coming here since this place opened... I have lived in SR for many years, and I have tried them all...

El Brinquito is one of the top places to go for great tasting food.. They never disappoint...

I love their chili verde burrito and the chili verde dinner... But, I am addicted to their Alambres combo..

Reviewed June 20, 2016

This was my first time here. The place isn't much to look at, although they're doing some work on an outside patio area. Food was great -- I had the carne asada, and my son had the supreme nachos. Great salsa -- spicy as it should be. Service was quick and friendly. Pricing was appropriate. This isn't the fanciest Mexican restaurant in town, but definitely the best outside of downtown (and plenty of parking).

Reviewed February 23, 2016

8pm on a Tuesday eve, light crowd. I was able to get the servers personal albondigas recipe while ordering my meal. She brought over every salsa they had ( 4 fresh ones )
after I told her I like to pour it on. Very good and different tasting, in the 4-8 scale hot-wise. We had a chili relleno, chimichanga, and crispy taco. All very good. We'll be back!