“A friendly secret”

Add it.
Thai Pot
Ranked #242 of 572 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Reviewed June 27, 2016

This place never lets me down. It might seem like just another Thai restaurant, but it actually is very special. First of all, they care, which is a big one for me because it reflects in the food. I have been to fancy Thai places, or some that look fancier, but I always come back to this one. Their Tom Ka is always delicious. Sweet and spicy prawns a favorite. The pumpkin curry is delicious and the tofu red curry is really phenomenal(my current favorite)- I have never had such a delicious red curry. I am a complete foodie, a chef and an ex restaurant owner that loves dishes that give a sense that someone cares about the ingredients regardless if it is high end or family style. This is one easy going,good food place. It is very reasonably priced so we go whenever we can. Really worth it. I definitely do not feel it's "meh", more like "very yummy', clean, good service and easy to park.

1  Thank Ignacio G

Reviewed June 19, 2015

I hate to give this place a poor review because my parents love it, but I feel compelled to be honest. I have eaten here on at least ten occasions over the past few years. The service is adequate, although I have have felt what I think is irritation/impatience when I've asked questions about some of the menu items.

On my most recent visit I ordered the green curry with chicken. I don't know how else to say this-- it smelled "off." Like, it wasn't quite rotten or turned, but something was not right in the dish. Although the dish was supposed to be a mix of veggies and chicken, at least 50% of the vegetables in my dish were large, bland chunks of bamboo shoots. The rest of the "vegetables" included two pieces of eggplant (that tasted un-ripe), two or three slivers of carrot, two green beans, and a tiny bit of basil. The curry itself was bland, even though I had requested spicy. In the past, I have tried their pumpkin curry on several occasions, which was about the same experience.

Clearly something is falling through the cracks in the kitchen. Thai food should not come out of the kitchen smelling off. Vegetables should be fresh and used generously. And when customers ask for spicy, they should get spicy. I hope they address whatever the problem is at this place, because it's conveniently located to my parents' house, and has so much potential.

Reviewed June 5, 2015

Didn't expect much when I saw the strip mall this place is in but this mall is filled with little gems. The food here is wonderful!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I just went there last week, and I was not very impressed with the food at all, I have been there on last 10 years many times and this was the first time I wasn't t impressed. The food was blend with out flavor.
I said to my wife, I was not that impressed and she said she had the same impression....

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Both locations (Sebastopol and Santa Rosa) offer attentive service and consistantly good food. There is usually a coupon in the mailer that makes it even a better value, although it is still worth it to go sans coupon. Tasty peanut sauce for the satay.