All reviews historic hotel carriage house the main hotel coffee house railroad square fresh fruit continental breakfast wine country homeless people bagels within walking distance antique shops floor room wonderful hotel russian river brewery the general manager bars and restaurants
Reviewed May 22, 2017

I almost hate to review this place as I don't want it to get crazy busy and hard to get into.
This is really charming victorian style hotel. Spacious rooms and comfy beds. Great location in Santa Rosa. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, and shops.

It is reported to be haunted by two children and their mother rumored to have been murdered in one of the rooms back when it was a hotel for railroad personnel ; )

Room Tip: Room 42 supposed is the room where the incident occurred.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

Dear badrrb,

Thank you for your stay with us and for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the historic nature of our hotel and were comfortable during your visit. There is an urban legend about our resident ghost, though I have not yet met him. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope to host you again soon.

Jeff Whitehead

Reviewed May 8, 2017

After a very rough period in my life. I was in need of unplugging from the norm and entering another state of relaxation.. This was the spot.. Room was very comfortable and the location was perfect.

After checking in, I took a walk to the eateries around the corner.. Had some very good food... Then walked over to the coffee shop and just let the night life soak in..

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys relaxation and good location...

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Dear Nuthin_Nice,

Thank you for "unplugging" at the Hotel La Rose. I am pleased that we offered you a respite, if only for a short visit. Come back and see us again when you need to recharge your batteries again.

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the carriage house, it was very roomy, clean and newly updated. An added black out curtain would be helpful as we did not sleep well do to the bright light coming through the closed slat blinds. The continental breakfast is just that, the coffee is really good. It's from the coffee shop across the street. Overall, very nice. The parking across the street is a little bit of an inconvenience but it didn't hinder a good experience. Some have commented on the staff, some seemed shy, others we encountered were very helpful and friendly. No one was rude though.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Dear Wonhappytraveler,

Thank you for your stay with us and for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room in our Carriage House. Thank you for your suggestion concerning curtains. I am happy that you found our staff helpful and friendly. Please come back and visit again soon.

Jeff Whitehead

Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is the second time we have stayed at La Rose. We were given a room in their annex, a newer complex across the street from the historic main hotel. Room was rather barren on the second floor which requires a climb up a long flight of stairs. As there are no bellmen or porters, you haul your bags up the stairs yourself. The included breakfast was minimal in a drab, poorly decorated room. Staff is poorly trained and not very helpful. The first evening when we asked the front desk for recommendations on restaurants, the young woman knew nothing and was more interested in eating a pizza with her friend.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms require climb up stairs with your luggage.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear BtonNaples,

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that your stay at the Hotel La Rose did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your observations and comments and will share your review with my front desk staff. I apologize for the lack of customer service that you experienced. Thank you again for pointing out our shortcomings.

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Tired, resigned to a motel cus too bleary to drive, remembered to look this place up that friends had mentioned.
Wow! Sweet little atmospheric Historic Hotel at a a comfy price. Felt so well taken care of. Breakfast just a normal motel buffet with fruit slad, plus hard boiled egg, toast and egg and great coffee and I was off in the morning as a new person! 100% benefit for getting off the hotel chain track.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Karen l.,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. I am happy that you chose the Hotel La Rose for your stopover in Santa Rosa. Please come back again soon.