All reviews historic hotel carriage house the main hotel railroad square coffee house fresh fruit continental breakfast homeless people wine country bagels antique shops within walking distance floor room wonderful hotel russian river brewery separate building bars and restaurants
Reviewed October 25, 2018

This is my absolute favorite hotel in Santa Rosa! Clean, lovely, charming and such good service. My room was so comfortable - and I've tried the old historical hotel and the lovely apts next door. I love this place. Wonderful location too between two excellent cafes! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank lenax9
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Dear lenax9,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t have been more pleased. La Rose is charming, quiet and very comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. Given the tone and history of the town, I’d prefer this inn far more than a modern hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Dear pickyeater,

Thank you for staying with us at the the Hotel La Rose and for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you chose our historic hotel in downtown Santa Rosa. I hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Clean and convenient. The room was also quite quiet. Parking was also convenient. The service at the front desk was good. I needed to get into a room immediately at 4:00 to change for a wedding and they accomodated.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear Robert M.,

Thank you for your stay with us and thanks, too, for your review. I am pleased that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. I hope to host you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

It is a Historical Building and very nicely done on the inside. Free outside parking is available across the street. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was in the Historical Building it was nice and quite. Good location for shopping and dining in the Historical District of Santa Rosa.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear Rodger M.,

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our historic hotel and took advantage of our convenient downtown location in Railroad Square.

I hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed over a weekend when we were at a wedding. There is the main hotel, and additional rooms across the street in a separate building. This separate part was where we stayed— and it was absolutely lovely. There’s a securely gated courtyard, with garden boxes full of roses, and a fountain. Our room had a short wall, its own separate gate, and a small patio area with a table and chairs. Very European. The room was large, with a k-cup machine, a desk, and a very large bathroom. We were comfortable and enjoyed our stay.
The two complaints I might make were that the toilet wasn’t set correctly, and wobbled. Also, the shower head desperately needs replacing. The water pressure felt like a fire hydrant.
Despite these two issues, we wouldn’t hesitate to stay again if the occasion arose!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin D
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Kristin D.,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room in our Carriage House.and made use of your guest room patio. Thank you for your feedback on the two maintenance items. I will have our engineering staff check for these issues in all of the Carriage House rooms.

Thanks again for your stay. I hope to host you again sometime in the future.