All reviews historic hotel carriage house the main hotel railroad square coffee house fresh fruit continental breakfast homeless people wine country bagels antique shops within walking distance floor room wonderful hotel russian river brewery separate building bars and restaurants
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has a good location, very close to several restaurants. Unfortunately, that is then also its biggest attraction, together with the free parking. We were not impressed with the staff. Most of them were rather unfriendly, even a decent ‘good morning’ seemed hard for them. Our room was large, but at night is was too bright, could not properly shut out the street lights. Also did not like the bed. Too soft, sheets too small, so ended up rolling myself into the sheets. Breakfast is a free but also fairly basic continental.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan-Tiny
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jan-Tiny,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that our staff did not extend the hospitality that it should have during your visit. This is very disturbing to me, and I will use your review to remind our staff of the importance of extending the proper level of professionalism and warmth that our guests should expect. I apologize for our shortcomings.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the renovated side and the room was delightful, we were on the second floor and there was a small balcony overlooking the courtyard. There was noise at night, the train running, and a group of ?young people around 1:30am making noise. Breakfast was in the older building across the street, good but simple. The lobby area had an unpleasant smell, not sure about the rooms on that side.

Date of stay: November 2018

Dear MnJH5,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hotel La Rose and for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room in our Carriage House. Now that the SMART train (regional service between Marin and Sonoma counties) is operational, we do deal with those sounds. The good news is that the train stops running at 9:50 PM each day. I am sorry that the floral scent that we use in the lobby did not appeal to you. Our guest rooms in the Main Building portray the period when the hotel opened in 1907. Though different from the farmhouse motif in the Carriage House, they are very comfortable and welcoming. Thanks again for your visit. I hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

This is my absolute favorite hotel in Santa Rosa! Clean, lovely, charming and such good service. My room was so comfortable - and I've tried the old historical hotel and the lovely apts next door. I love this place. Wonderful location too between two excellent cafes! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank lenax9
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Dear lenax9,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t have been more pleased. La Rose is charming, quiet and very comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. Given the tone and history of the town, I’d prefer this inn far more than a modern hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Dear pickyeater,

Thank you for staying with us at the the Hotel La Rose and for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you chose our historic hotel in downtown Santa Rosa. I hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Clean and convenient. The room was also quite quiet. Parking was also convenient. The service at the front desk was good. I needed to get into a room immediately at 4:00 to change for a wedding and they accomodated.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear Robert M.,

Thank you for your stay with us and thanks, too, for your review. I am pleased that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. I hope to host you again.