Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sandman(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$159
Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$169
Vintners Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$198
US$230
US$199
Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$162
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$116
Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$229
Redwood Inn(Santa Rosa)
US$95
Courtyard Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)
US$209
All reviewshealth clubhuge poolhot tubnight managerpool sidewine countrysonoma countynight's sleeprooms are largeruthretroneoncvslaploungeihopthrowback
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip, and will be staying there frequently throughout this year. The room was very clean on arrival, and was kept very clean for my entire stay. The bed was super comfortable, the room very quiet, and even though I am usually not one to get a good nights sleep while on the road, I slept quite peacefully for my entire stay. The health club behind the hotel is one of the best I have ever used. Great breakfast across the street at Hank's Creekside as well-

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Don H, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Thank you very much for your review Tom H. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Flamingo "Resort & Spa" is not what you're looking for if you're searching for a true resort and spa.

To begin, I wanted to go on a weekend getaway with my fiancé' and searched for hotels with a gym. We are both healthy active people that like to work out so this was somewhat important to both of us. While searching for a hotel, I came across the Flamingo Resort & Spa. On the home page of their website they have a very intriguing photo of numerous treadmill’s and elliptical machines. I continued to do some searching and found a photo of their gym and it looked like I found where I was going to be staying.

I booked the room through their website which was easy and no different than booking anything else online.

We arrived to the hotel and it looked very promising. I walked in to the hotel to check in and was looked at until I asked if this was where I checked in. It was only then where I was greeted. Not very friendly at the front desk and a typical check in. Very similar to checking in at an electronic kiosk with no emotion behind the person checking you in. I actually would have preferred to check in electronically after my experience here.

After I checked in, I was told where my room was and that was about it. No information regarding the restaurant, lounge, gym, spa, etc. So I will give you the rundown because the staff won’t.

Rooms: Typical room, nothing too special. Comfortable bed and flat screen. You do have to pay for internet. Internet should be free, it’s free everywhere.

Restaurant: Decent food, a little overpriced and friendly staff. The bartender in the restaurant was outgoing and answered a few questions I had about the local area. Overall the food was the better part of my Flamingo experience.

Lounge: I went during the only "club" night for the weekend. DJ's spinning older top 40 music with a cover charge. Not original club music and have most of the music they played on my iPod. $10 cover was not worth it as there were only about 6 people inside. The two bartenders appeared to be bored and there was a better party in the hotel room across from us. My opinion, if you're a guest at the "resort" give your guests passes to come into the "club" and enjoy themselves.

Gym: UUUGH! The gym is off site and they charge you $12.00 per day unless you booked it as a room package which they don’t tell you about. They lead you to believe that the gym is attached and included with the room and the hotel. You may use the heated pool, but it is off site as well and they have a swimming club that swims throughout the day/night. Went to the front desk to complain and the night MOD (manager on duty) acted like she was doing me a favor. She asked if I had a computer and I told her it was in the room. She handed me a TRIPADVISOR.COM business card and told me go online and rate them with high regards and she would give me the gym passes. Here is your review, hope it comes in handy.

Spa: Didn't go, but looked nice.

Bottom line, their website needs to be updated and include everything. If there is a resort fee, make it known on the website. If you are going to charge for the gym pass, let your customers know, if you are going to have a club or give them a pass to enter, chances are we will buy drinks and you will make money. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Corey S
FlamingoResortSpa, Director of Sales at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thanks you for your feedback and sorry to learn you didn't enjoy your stay. We do not include the health club admission as part of your stay unlike some other resorts that have a mandatory resort fee and considering the 8,000 sq ft Montecito heights Health Club , Tennis and Spa facility is not your typical 800 sq ft hotel workout room, the $12 fee is considered a great value for 10 group exercise classes a day, Spinning classes, cardio room with treadmill TV's, State of the art Strength training equipent, personal trainers available, Lockers, TV lounge, streching equipment Steam, Sauna, jacuzzi, showers, bathroom tpoiletries all within a 5 minute walf from our hotel rooms. TV lounge, lockers, We have added the notice of health club fee to web site and hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Excellent hotel service. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Thank you to Ruth for the help - very professional. Perfect Room amentities and comfort. Food very good and service was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you Terry J for your kind words. We all can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Our recent stay had pluses and minuses.
On the plus side: quiet hotel, great in-town location, good and well-priced restaurant, 25 meter swimming pool access, beautiful grounds, a window that opens to wonderful fresh air, unique construction, great neon flamingo signage, fair winter price, in the heart of wine country.
On the other hand: stained comforter (was replaced by hotel), lousy and seemingly ancient TV set, wi-fi costs extra!
We've stayed at the Flamingo 4 or 5 times and will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CatmandooMD

Thank you very much for your review. We promise to get more than a bit better for you.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is the first time that I've stayed during winter months. This was a girls getaway weekend and this was our top choice for place to stay. Tried Spa at Montecito Heights for the first time and had an amazing experience custom tailoring a spa visit that was perfect for us. Rooms are really nice with luxury linens, down pillows and comfy beds. I always sleep great here. We had a patio next to the pool which was perfect for a cocktail at sunset.

Room Tip: I like the King Jr. Suites