“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Lodi, California
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

During a recent stay I left my Dayplanner in the restaurant. Upon discovering I was missing it I called the Flamingo. I got right through to Marie at customer service and she was able to locate it for me quickly. She immediately had it boxed and posted and I had it back in hand in two days. Marie followed up with a phone message that it was on it's way.

I sincerely appreciate her prompt efforts and great service.

I have been staying at the Flamingo for over 30 years and the facilities and service just keep getting better and better. The rooms are always clean and the adjacent fitness center and spa is a bonus. I love the gardens and the beautiful pool. There is also a Safeway and Longs in walking distance.

Thank you Marie!

Mary D.

Room Tip: They've upgraded most rooms over the last few years and all the wings are surrounded by quiet ne...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Don H, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 December 2016
Thank you Mary D. Our customer service is our pride and joy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Korean first
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip, and will be staying there frequently throughout this year. The room was very clean on arrival, and was kept very clean for my entire stay. The bed was super comfortable, the room very quiet, and even though I am usually not one to get a good nights sleep while on the road, I slept quite peacefully for my entire stay. The health club behind the hotel is one of the best I have ever used. Great breakfast across the street at Hank's Creekside as well-

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review Tom H. We can't wait to see you again.
Orange, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Flamingo "Resort & Spa" is not what you're looking for if you're searching for a true resort and spa.

To begin, I wanted to go on a weekend getaway with my fiancé' and searched for hotels with a gym. We are both healthy active people that like to work out so this was somewhat important to both of us. While searching for a hotel, I came across the Flamingo Resort & Spa. On the home page of their website they have a very intriguing photo of numerous treadmill’s and elliptical machines. I continued to do some searching and found a photo of their gym and it looked like I found where I was going to be staying.

I booked the room through their website which was easy and no different than booking anything else online.

We arrived to the hotel and it looked very promising. I walked in to the hotel to check in and was looked at until I asked if this was where I checked in. It was only then where I was greeted. Not very friendly at the front desk and a typical check in. Very similar to checking in at an electronic kiosk with no emotion behind the person checking you in. I actually would have preferred to check in electronically after my experience here.

After I checked in, I was told where my room was and that was about it. No information regarding the restaurant, lounge, gym, spa, etc. So I will give you the rundown because the staff won’t.

Rooms: Typical room, nothing too special. Comfortable bed and flat screen. You do have to pay for internet. Internet should be free, it’s free everywhere.

Restaurant: Decent food, a little overpriced and friendly staff. The bartender in the restaurant was outgoing and answered a few questions I had about the local area. Overall the food was the better part of my Flamingo experience.

Lounge: I went during the only "club" night for the weekend. DJ's spinning older top 40 music with a cover charge. Not original club music and have most of the music they played on my iPod. $10 cover was not worth it as there were only about 6 people inside. The two bartenders appeared to be bored and there was a better party in the hotel room across from us. My opinion, if you're a guest at the "resort" give your guests passes to come into the "club" and enjoy themselves.

Gym: UUUGH! The gym is off site and they charge you $12.00 per day unless you booked it as a room package which they don’t tell you about. They lead you to believe that the gym is attached and included with the room and the hotel. You may use the heated pool, but it is off site as well and they have a swimming club that swims throughout the day/night. Went to the front desk to complain and the night MOD (manager on duty) acted like she was doing me a favor. She asked if I had a computer and I told her it was in the room. She handed me a TRIPADVISOR.COM business card and told me go online and rate them with high regards and she would give me the gym passes. Here is your review, hope it comes in handy.

Spa: Didn't go, but looked nice.

Bottom line, their website needs to be updated and include everything. If there is a resort fee, make it known on the website. If you are going to charge for the gym pass, let your customers know, if you are going to have a club or give them a pass to enter, chances are we will buy drinks and you will make money. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Corey S
FlamingoResortSpa, Director of Sales at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thanks you for your feedback and sorry to learn you didn't enjoy your stay. We do not include the health club admission as part of your stay unlike some other resorts that have a mandatory resort fee and considering the 8,000 sq ft Montecito heights Health Club , Tennis and Spa facility is not your typical 800 sq ft hotel workout room, the $12 fee is considered a great value for 10 group exercise classes a day, Spinning classes, cardio room with treadmill TV's, State of the art Strength training equipent, personal trainers available, Lockers, TV lounge, streching equipment Steam, Sauna, jacuzzi, showers, bathroom tpoiletries all within a 5 minute walf from our hotel rooms. TV lounge, lockers, We have added the notice of health club fee to web site and hope you will try us again.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Excellent hotel service. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Thank you to Ruth for the help - very professional. Perfect Room amentities and comfort. Food very good and service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Terry J for your kind words. We all can't wait to see you again soon.
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Our recent stay had pluses and minuses.
On the plus side: quiet hotel, great in-town location, good and well-priced restaurant, 25 meter swimming pool access, beautiful grounds, a window that opens to wonderful fresh air, unique construction, great neon flamingo signage, fair winter price, in the heart of wine country.
On the other hand: stained comforter (was replaced by hotel), lousy and seemingly ancient TV set, wi-fi costs extra!
We've stayed at the Flamingo 4 or 5 times and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank CatmandooMD
Thank you very much for your review. We promise to get more than a bit better for you.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is the first time that I've stayed during winter months. This was a girls getaway weekend and this was our top choice for place to stay. Tried Spa at Montecito Heights for the first time and had an amazing experience custom tailoring a spa visit that was perfect for us. Rooms are really nice with luxury linens, down pillows and comfy beds. I always sleep great here. We had a patio next to the pool which was perfect for a cocktail at sunset.

Room Tip: I like the King Jr. Suites
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you!
Loomis, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but has been redone very well. The room, pool area, and restaurant were all quite nice. Great happy hour doesn't hurt. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We can't wait to see you back.