This hotel is a little off the beaten path and definitely a retro hotel. While driving up to the hotel is reminscient of a time gone by, the lobby is certainly from another era. Large and spacious, but it makes the place 'feel' old. This place certainly has a lots of meeting rooms and the restaurant is probably okay, but it just felt old, so we chose to eat out.
The guest rooms are large, at least in the section we stayed in. Lots of space to move around and spread out. There is a small refrig which comes in handy if you want to keep food overnight. The bathroom could certainly use more lighting, as the mirror over the sink is always in the shadows.....
One plus is that the place is quiet. Yes we visited in the off season, but even so, our wing was at the back away from the main building and away from any traffic. Keep in mind that this is a BIG property with several individual buildings that are not connected. Probably great for a convention or a large family gathering, but average for the two of us.
Another plus is that there is a shopping center directly across the road from the hotel. This shopping center has everything a traveller could need in a pinch-groceries, pharmacy, IHOP, etc.
Having booked this hotel on Priceline, it was "average" for the price we paid.
Bottom line, they might want to consider openning the windows, air the place out and dry clean the drapes. It was okay, but a little musty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Landmark located between Sonoma Valley Wineries and downtown Santa Rosa, walking distance to upscale Shopping Montgomery Village, 5 restaurants, 24 hr CVS Pharmacy and Safeway/Starbucks. Full service affordable Destination Resort with 8 treatment rooms Spa featuring a Couples Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, Vichy Body Scrub,2 Olympic size Outdoor heated Pools, 5 Tennis Courts with Pro, 8,000 Sq ft Montecito Heghts Health Club with child care, personal trainers, Indoor Cycle and Warm Yoga Studios,Free Parking, 170 rooms including 13 Pool view Suites,newly remodeled Executive Kings,Pet friendly rooms upon request,Family rooms-3-4 beds; all non Smoking rooms with mini refrigerators, King or dbl-dbl size beds, complimentary Wine and Cheese tasting every Friday 5-7pm, Poolside Dining, Lounge with nightly entertainment- dancing on weekends, Salsa Sundays,3-6pm Happy Hour,2 Bars,Healthy menu choices, Sunday Champagne Brunch, 15 function rooms 15,000 sq ft of function space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and Booking.com so you can book your Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Conference Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Resort Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Hotel Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County