“A simple, comfortable place at a reasonable price”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Lynnwood, Washington
“A simple, comfortable place at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

12/27/11 Visit

A very good sized room, with parking right in front of our room (all other rooms have this access as well I believe). I found the blankets/bed to be quite substantial (especially compared to the motel 6 we stayed at the previous night), a nice lcd screen tv w/ HBO, and close to many restaurants and grocery stores. They accept pets at a $15 charge and gave us a pretty good sized bone :) with our "dog-friendly room." Also appreciated that the room kept the sun light out in the morning. This isn't a luxurious property by any means, but it is a safe, comfortable, and quiet place to stay while needing a place to sleep for under $100.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed the last weekend in October 2011 with friends who were participating in the Healdsburg Half Marathon. Room served it's purpose, clean, comfortable and much, much cheaper than staying in Sonoma or Healdsburg.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SharonD282
Belmont, CA
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We've stayed at this Best Western 5 times...twice over Christmas with other family members in nearby rooms. Staff members have always been helpful and courteous and our rooms large, clean, quiet and nicely appointed. Even my sister's pet friendly rooms were in good shape and fresh smelling and the pet rate was reasonable. The on-site restaurant is a plus for our family because we're all breakfast eaters. We're happy to pay a few dollars for freshly prepared sausage and eggs or a stack of hot cakes with good quality coffee and juice instead of feeling obligated to eat cold cereal and packaged pastries because they're "free." As others have noted, this is a nicely landscaped, established property that features comfort more than glitz. Compared to several other Santa Rosa properties, we think it's a find, which is why I'm on the site now to reserve for Christmas 2011.

Room Tip: We like the rooms at the back of the property because they've been quiet. Those by the pool are...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Mendocino, California
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stay at BW properties over 30 nights a year and usually chose a Plus property as they are a cut above the regular BW's. In this case I was unsure why this property deserved that designation. It was OK, but really had nothing Plus about it.
This location is more like an old motor inn, single story with a nicely landscaped central space. The rooms were clean, the WIFI worked well and the shower head was very good.
The two main issues I had were the lack of free breakfast and just plain rude service at check-in. As to the first, there is a small restaurant on the premises where you can purchase breakfast. This is the only BW I have stayed in where breakfast was not included in the price of the room. We did not eat at the on premise restaurant so I cannot comment on it.
As for the service, the women who checked me in was downright rude to the couple ahead of me and curt with me. The couple ahead of me asked about local places to eat and if she had a recommendation. She turned the receipt she had given them to the other side and said, " they are all here", that was the end of the conversation....
When I checked in I could not remember my license number which was required on the form. I said I did not know it and would go check, she said "I don't really care what it is just make something up". OK, I had to ask myself then why am I providing it in the first place?
The neighborhood it is in is mostly car dealerships and brake shops, not particularly a great place to stay. I am sure there are better places to stay in Santa Rosa with better locations and friendlier service.
Overall, I repeat my question, why would BW make this a plus property?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed at the Best Western for 2 nights in October 2011. We found the rooms to be large, clean and well equipped however our room could do with modernising. Also the only safe you get is in main reception which I always find to be pain. The breakfast room is functional to say the least. Once you've convinced yourself to go in you will ftheft hat the food was good quality and reasonably priced. Kids enjoyed the Micky Mouse pancakes and the staff made my kids feel very welcome.

If you want basic, clean accomodation without any frills then this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2011
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Much worse than your average Best Western. Where do I begin? The auxiliary input on the front of the TV was actually disabled by the staff, unusable even if you have a universal remote. The pools were closed to "maintenance" during my entire stay. The air conditioner was very noisy and barely worked. The sheets were thin as paper and left me shivering in bed at night and in the mornings. Also, I was put in a smoking room for some reason, even though there appeared to be non-smoking rooms available all around me... so my room stunk of tobacco, as well.

The restaurant is almost uneatable - I ordered yogurt and fruit, and got a huge bowl of plain yogurt with dole canned peaches dumped on top! I might as well have bought breakfast from the gas station across the street.

The front desk staff was very obnoxious, calling our room early in the morning with confusing and misinformed complaints! Imagine being woken up by an angry person yelling at you on the phone, when you have done nothing wrong! Also, the staff was insistent that a maid come in and clean our room. I have never had maid service literally forced upon me by a hotel before.

Then there's the constant loud-subwoofer music emanating from god knows where, the nearby auto-shop doing loud auto-shop things, and the drug addicts who showed up at my door TWICE thinking it was their room, before going back to their room and talking loudly all night and through the next day.

It was not worth the $100+ per night price, by any means.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Jared I
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I have never been treated so poorly in a hotel in my entire life. Old woman who works the night shift is extremely rude and even called me in the morning to harass me for having the nerve to decline housekeeping and sleep in. There were meth heads who liked to party until 7am next door to me the entire time. I never bother with these review sites but this cannot go unspoken. This establishment is terrible. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends