“Pleasantly Suprised”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel does not have a big lobby nor is it what you would anticipate from a BW Plus. On the surface, it is a typical Route 66 roadside motel. At least that's what I thought when I pulled in to register. Wow was I wrong! The grounds are immaculate and beautiful. The room was superb - perfectly clean and with all the amenities of a very nice high-rise hotel. The flat screen TV was at least 42". Bed was very comfortable. Internet was easy and very fast. It is easy to recommend this hotel.

There is a nice and simple restaurant on the property (no more than 150 feet from all rooms) - I had the french toast - very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel on April 1, 2012. Slightly older hotel but room was clean and quite large for a BW - plus room was very, very quiet. Our room was located toward the rear of the facility and the sliding glass door opened up to a small patio and a swimming pool (did not use pool, however). Shower and change/dressing areas were large and included a very nice closet area easily fitting two large pieces of luggage inside. Room came with a nice 42" LG tv but was located somewhat strange at the side of the bed rather than at the foot of the bed. Since we had two queen beds, the person using the 2nd bed had to raise up to view tv.

Biggest drawback was that this was one of the higher priced BW we stayed at ($128.34 at Senior rate) and price did not include any access to a breakfast (even continental style). Rather, on check-in, we were told breakfast was available at the property restaurant but they did not offer any type of discount for hotel guests.

We stayed at a total of 5 Best Western hotels on this trip and I must say I was most disappointed at this one.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oregonvisitor42
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were a walk-in and were made to feel welcome right away. Mike the front desk clerk was awesome and very welcoming we smiled through the whole check in process. The room was immaculate we felt right @ home as soon as we walked in it was very clean and inviting. The only downside I thought was the bed was just a little too firm for my taste although my fiance liked it and slept very well!! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Booked a hotel room and the reservation was lost. Instead of being helpful, hotel representative did not want to look into our reservation. After a long day of work, we had to find a hotel elsewhere at 11pm. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank ncolin
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I am staying at this best western for business while working in santa rosa. I have spent many of my nights out of town in various hotels of different size and stature..this one bby far is in the top 5 of all time hotels for me.If i ever come to santa rosa or the wine country of sonoma i will definately have my family stay at this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We always stay here at the Best Western Garden Inn. The rooms are large and comfortable. The staff here are always nice, and there are two swimming pool, although in March the pools are closed.The grounds are attractive and there is a small restaurant on the grounds that are open for breakfast only. We always eat there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glyna
Reviewed 4 March 2012

One of the few lodgings I could find offering a king size bed for my trip weekend. Just off the 101 Freeway, yet a relatively quiet location. The property is well-established (read "been there for awhile"), but the room I stayed in was well-appointed, looked and smelled clean, with an extremely comfortable bed. Room had a small fridge, microwave oven and a reasonably-sized flatscreen HDTV. We visited in early March, so pool was closed, but was kept clean. Quaint restaurant with reasonably-priced meals located on property. Don't understand the earlier negative reviews for this place. I saw nothing of that kind. Desk staff was very friendly and helpful, both upon arrival and departure. Housekeeping staff didn't come by at 7:00 AM to disturb me, but was quietly standing by when I left the room for them to attend to. Location is as good as any for accessing the city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo