“AVERAGE”

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Paris, France
“AVERAGE”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

It was more of a motel than an Inn. It had a very small bathroom which needs updating.. It was close to the highway we needed, but it was located in a bad section of Santa Rosa. Fortunately, it was inexpensive and we only stayed there to sleep each night and traveled to wine country during the day. The free breakfast was located on a table in the lobby(muffins in cellophane, bananas, coffee, one kind of cereal).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank JANBOB2
santarosaabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 18 March 2011
We appreciate your comments we work hard to provide the best possible accomodations and services. We do provide a limited continental breakfast for our guests. We try to keep our rates reasonable and provide the best possible services for our rates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
sacramento
Reviewed 16 August 2009

After a long drive, my kids,puppy, and I were looking for a motel at midnight, so we couldn't see the neighborhood. There were 5 motels within the 3 blocks, but we chose this one because it looked like we could sneak in our puppy. Though we woke up the manager, he was friendly. At 3am, we woke up the manager because we got locked out when taking the puppy outside, and the manager was sleepy but kind about getting us an extra key. The room was very old and the bathroom was in desperate need of remodeling. I wouldn't shower without wearing shoes. Also, I wouldn't let my kids walk barefoot on the carpets or go near the blankets. The sheets and pillow cases were clean. There was no smokey smells or noise. It was a basic, older motel. Nothing horrible and nothing great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Valerie B
Pt Reyes
Reviewed 30 September 2008

We stayed here for one night, The room is decorated in" basic hotel" with no amenities such as coffee pot glass drinking cups etc. The bed was very hard - you could feel the springs through the mattress. The traffic noise came right through the "double pane" windows and did not abate completely for the entire night. The bathroom had loose floor tiles and misaligned basemold - we didn't want to use the shower. If you need a cheap place to stay and don't care about details - this is it.

• Liked — Close to freeway onramp
  • Disliked — poor mattress, too noisy
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HikenFool

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

casualtraveler123
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Stayed at the the hotel for a couple of days while visiting family in town. It was in a great location, right next to Costco and Target. The room was clean and always had fresh new towels put in every day. It was in a quiet neighborhood and the the staff was very friendly and helped my print out directions. Overall a great stay and location.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank casualtraveler123
Seattle
Reviewed 9 January 2008

Reasonable room, towels kept up to date, no bugs from bed.
All nights but one quiet.

The one disturbance was a young adult female person who walked up and down the lengtrh of the walkway between the parking lot and the first floor rooms. Every third word was unprintable. There were a few much quieter companions either attempting to calm her down or perhaps egging her on, I couldn't tell. the volume would rise and fall according to where they were.

This situation continued without any intervention from either management or the local Police from about midnight until well after 2am.

Cheap rate - you pays you money and you takes you choice.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — neighborhood
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank Spot-travel
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 September 2007

I have stayed in many questionable hotels before.... THIS IS BY FAR, THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!! The first thing to mention is, this is in a BAD neighborhood. There is a liquor store across the street. My party and I took a short walk over to the liquor store (upon coming to grips with the dismal reality of just how AWFUL a night we'd have in our stank nasty room) seeking drinks to numb the awfulness of where we were staying. There was a free HIV/AIDS testing van in the parking lot of the liquor store. I may have heard gun shots at night. The room smelled horrible. It was non smoking, but there was a smoke detector in the room, with a notice that said every time you smoke 10$ will be added to your bill. WHATS THE POINT OF THE NON-SMOKING ROOM THEN?! The room was dirty and smelly and horrible. I didn't sleep under the blankets because I was afraid of catching a disease. We only stayed there because it looked OK from the outside and it was getting late and we couldnt' find any other place to stay (because everywhere was booked for a near-by NASCAR event). It was horrible. This is the worst hotel ever to exist. The people running it should be ashamed of how nasty it is.

• Liked — The second we checked out.
  • Disliked — The SMELLY STINKY FILTHY NASTY, and the STINK NASTY area it was located in.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank bekahblue22
Del Mar, CA
Reviewed 22 July 2007

Most of the reviews I read prior to booking were pretty neutral. The Orbitz site said that the inn is located in gorgeous Santa Rosa. Well, the Santa Rosa wine country may be gorgeous, but the inn is located on a busy street, near the freeway entrance, across the street from a liquor store where a bunch of men hung out in the parking lot. I was traveling with my young daughter and was a little worried about the area we were in. When we checked in and got to our room, the deadbolt lock did not work. I had to request for another room. Then I tried to schedule a wake-up call, and the phone didn't work. When I walked down to the front desk to have the phone fixed, they asked me if I put down a deposit to use the phone! I had to explain that I wanted a working phone for the wake-up call and in case of an emergency. They reluctantly replaced the phone with one that worked. The only positive note was that the room was relatively clean. I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2007