All reviews new tower non smoking section getaway close to home wine country wine tasting pool deck slot machines great shuttle service amazing room great casino free valet parking los olivos poker room modern amenities willows restaurant do not disturb sign coffee maker in the room
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We were in Santa Ynez Valley for a big family wedding celebration. We shopped for proximity to wedding activities and hit the jackpot with close proximity to all the attractions we wanted. Great contemporary decor. Modern amenities in the room. Easy access to everywhere we wanted to go. (Sorry but no report on the casino. We were in the area for wine tastings and wedding activities. Had a fab time!)

Room Tip: King bed rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2017

My family and I were here for one night. Very nice room, however it was not worth $345 plus tax, plus $100 refundable deposit. We chose this hotel because it is conveniently located in between the wedding we were in town for, and the reception. It was a very nice, comfortable room, and the beds were great but...Luxury in Vegas is a lot less these days.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank mcarbajal2015
Reviewed May 6, 2017

We had often stopped at the Chumash Casino before and during their big remodel, but this was our first stay at the hotel. At 4:00 on a Sunday afternoon the hotel garage was packed and hard to navigate, with plenty of people arriving and leaving. There was quite a line at check-in but the staff was fast, efficient, and friendly. Strangely, we asked for a room close to the elevator and when we got to our floor discovered our room was the farthest from the elevator! Must have been a misunderstanding, but we didn't want to brave the check-in line again. Our room was very fresh and comfortable with free WIFI and water, a large shower, and one very plush robe (good thing my husband doesn't like robes). We had breakfast at the Cafe where our server was very cheerful and friendly. The breakfast croissant and french toast were good. Our biggest complaint about our visit to Chumash was the casino. On our many previous visits we had enjoyed playing the slot machines--certainly not always winning but winning enough to enjoy the experience. This time (after the remodel) there were many new machines, but each one we tried just ate our money, to the extent that it was no fun at all. In fact we have no plans to return to Chumash. Coincidentally we went to Pechanga Casino the same week and after almost 2 hours of slot play, we didn't come out ahead, but we had really enjoyed the excitement of winning many bonus rounds. Clearly Chumash reset their machines when they did their remodel. We'll skip the casino next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cerritos_Dave
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

The new tower and the hotel is beautiful. The service at the hotel was phenomenal

The slot machines where the tightest of any casino I've ever been in and I've been in several hundred of them. I spent the whole evening gambling with the max bet and the most I ever won on any spun or bonus was $42.

The machines were beyond tight. I did not see anybody winning anything of any value. In the six hours I was in the casino I did not see one hand pay.

Great place to stay but horrible place to gamble.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank dksps
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Love staying here, the hotel is very nicely done and it's connected to the casino and is an easy short and close by drive to Solvang and other areas as well as a good base to visit all the local wineries. Our room was modern, comfortable and nicely appointed. It's just an overall convenient place to do all the many attractions that the Santa Ynez Valley area has to offer with a touch of comfort and luxury.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family