Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Elizabeth M
Torrance, California

We had a great time

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 24, 2021
We decided to take an overnight trip to Solvang and Chumash Casino. Our room at Chumash was super clean and the bed was comfortable. The slots seemed loose and we hit several jackpots. We had dinner at the steakhouse and the food was absolutely delicious. We look forward to returning again soon.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
C$232
    C$232
5.3 km from Chumash Casino Resort
View more hotels in Santa Ynez
All reviews non smoking section free play willows restaurant table games slot machines pool area casino floor room was large stayed nights solvang balcony valet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2021

Thanks to CHUMASH for a great stay. We stayed for just one night but everything worked out well.. The staff was great an was able to address all of our questions We will come back again.

THANKS TO ALL

Reviewed June 13, 2021

I would like to thank Chumash Casino Resort for a beautiful stay at your resort. We were very pleased with the hospitality of the employees. We loved how close the casino is to Slovang, a winery and Santa Barbara. I made celebrating my husband's birthday that much more enjoyable. We had fun playing the slot machines and employees were every where cleaning. We did not get to use the spa because it was closed due to Covid. We plan to come back and visit again!

Room tip: Ask for a room away from elevator, we had no noise! Beds where a little to soft for us and their were no microwaves in the rooms.
Reviewed June 11, 2021

Loved this hotel and casino! Covid restrictions were in place so even though it's near impossible to maintain social distancing I felt very comfortable with the temp screenings to ensure the odds of someone being sick were very low. The room was quiet, comfy and clean - loved having lunch on the balcony. Dinner at Willows was delicious. The pool was open and beautiful - almost empty. Lastly the casino was fun - with plenty of video poker machines. The staff is attentive, friendly and personable. I only wish this property it was closer to my home in Northern Cal.

Room tip: Top Floor was very quiet
Reviewed April 4, 2021

Went here for the weekend to celebrate a birthday, but the trip was cut short due to the high level of stress and frustration with how the casino/hotel is operating. When you first arrive, they insist that they take your bags, even when you decline the service. In a time when we need to protect ourselves from Covid, I was uncomfortable with someone handling my bags and being so close to me. They would not allow me to handle the cart because they are a "full service" hotel and insisted that the service was complimentary, but harassed my daughter about how long it was taking me to return from the parking garage. The entrance to the hotel from the garage is closed and I had to walk through the casino to get back to the lobby, but that seemed to be annoying to the employees that I was taking so long to return. I've never been here before and it's confusing at first, so instead of allowing me to return from the garage through the entrance, they complained to one another that I was keeping the cart too long. They also complained openly about other guests and their concerns which made for an uncomfortable and stressful check in. Not a great way to begin your stay.

When you first enter, you are met by a staff member that instructs you to approach a machine to take your temperature. I'm fine with that, however, they insist that you remove your mask and stand TOO CLOSE to you while you are taking your temperature. You have to wear the sticker to show that you have cleared the security check, but at each location throughout the resort, a staff member runs up to you to read the sticker. No staff member remained 6 feet from us the entire time. Even when we got our rewards cards, the staff member kept coming from behind the barrier and standing right near us. Kinda defeats the purpose of having the glass barrier up in the first place. They also do not administer a sticker to indicate that a guest is over 21, so each time we entered the casino, my daughter was forced to show her ID...every single time...even they had just seen us. Why not issue a wristband, or a sticker on your rewards card to indicate that you are over 21? So each time, the staff member was too close to her and handling her ID.

Once guests are in the casino, they were allowed to remove their masks at the slot machines. Guests can also smoke and drink at the slot machines, allowing them to remove their masks. I never saw anyone wiping down the slots and guests were going from machine to machine without gloves, sanitizing their hands, or maintaining a social distance. Friday night was extremely crowded and almost every machine was being used. Seemed like too many people inside and it was optional to wear a mask. I feel like the safety precautions that have been enforced in California don't apply at Chumash and I was extremely concerned and checked out early.

The rooms are nice and modern. The bed was comfortable. I booked a non-smoking room and was put on the second floor with a balcony. The view was of a wall and there was an ash try on the table.

There is a parking garage that is free with in and out privileges. It gets full with casino guests, which makes parking for hotel guests limited. Closing off the entrance from the garage to the hotel lobby seemed pointless. The hotel guests should be allowed to enter without having to walk all the way around through the casino with luggage.

We had dinner at Willows and that was the highlight of the weekend. Our server was great and a lot of fun. A Birthday dessert was brought to the table, but it wasn't complimentary. The food was well prepared and tasty. You can dine inside or on the patio. Reservations are highly recommended.

This was my first visit to Chumash and I say that I would return anytime soon. What was planned as a fun getaway quickly turned into a stressful day where we were so concerned about lack of Covid protection that we couldn't stay.

Room tip: If you want a decent view, don't get a room on the second floor
Date of stay: April 2021
3  Thank tix2travel
Reviewed March 28, 2021

Stayed 2 nights. Room was very nice, very clean and quiet! Beds are very comfortable! Staff were extremely pleasant and very helpful! Due to COVID, dining is limited but many restaurants to chose from are very close by. Will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2021