“A bit of a hole-in-the-wall, but good food.”
Review of La Cueva

La Cueva
Ranked #19 of 72 Restaurants in Saratoga
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 25, 2016

This location is at the back of a older shopping center, so you would pass it by unless you knew it was here. But the food is decent Mex food. We have been here several times now and the family is satisfied with our meals and we plan on coming back. I enjoy their salad with the Mango salsa. My husband and son always want to help me finish it, so I think they enjoy it too. If you are in the area, I would give it a try.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

my family likes the lengua tacos and buritos. I prefer their shrimp tacos. Great homemade salsas and sauces. Very fresh. Best refried beans I have ever tasted.

Reviewed September 21, 2015

My family and I had a variety of dishes and all were very good. The fish tacos are delicious and so is the seabass burrito. I don't know that it is really authentic with all the creamy sauces, but it was very good. Attentive service and lots of chips. Only con is that it was hard to taste the seabass in the burrito due to the abundance of rice and sauce. It would be nice if all the kids' plates came with a bit of rice and beans.

1  Thank IlariaK
Reviewed September 19, 2015

This appears to be a family run place....
We eat here often and have enjoyed their salads, fish tacos and soups.
They start you off with a bowl of chips and green salsa.... we enjoy this complimentary item.
All food items that we have tried have been very good with a home made feel to it.
The location is at the back of a small strip shopping area.
The restaurant is not plush or modern.... but the food is very good.

1  Thank lwj
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I was wanting a good meal after a long day of meetings. Another service gave this restaurant 4-stars. What a disappointment. Even though there was a steady stream of customers for dine-in and take out, the food was sub-par. The salsa was not even made fresh, but was runny and I think it came from a bottle. The sauce in my Cheese Enchilada was less thank standard. I love hold-in-the-wall family-run restaurants. Not going back anytime soon.