“Neighborhood gem in San Jose's West Valley”
Review of La Cueva

La Cueva
Ranked #18 of 72 Restaurants in Saratoga
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 21, 2018

La Cueva is tucked away in a rather nondescript small shopping center in West San Jose/Saratoga. Its a true neighborhood gem. Seating capacity is a bit small but they have outslde seating that works very well in the Summer. The staff is friendly and effecient and the food comes to the table nice a hot every time. My "go to" menu item is the enchilada plate and it never disappoints. The sauces they use are so unique and tasty. They do a big "to go" business, so if its crowded, "to go" works great. Check this place out! I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

We wouldn't have noticed this restaurant if we weren't specifically looking for it as it is not easy to see from Prospect. Inside, the restaurant is rather small and a little worn out. You walk up to the counter and order and find a seat (inside or outside on their patio) or take out. The staff was very friendly. The food was very good! Good portion size and they give a small bag of nachos + salsa. The restaurant was busy. I'd return here again.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I have been going to the same mexican restaurant for years now, I like it a lot, obviously, but was trying to find a new place to try. I read the reviews which were good, not great, but hey, let's give it a try. First, the seating is very limited in this little hole in the wall. I was there on a Friday night at 7:00 and had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, not bad so far, but then it went downhill from there! The service was horrible! They brought a bowl of chips and a small salsa but no water. We kept trying to flag someone down and eventually got up and went to the counter asking for it. I ordered the steak fajitas, a medium size plate with the meat and trimmings and 2 tortillas. I have never had fajitas that were not on a skillet, but OK, but they were so salty, disappointing. It seemed all they cared to do was take your order, drop off the food, never to be seen again until the checked arrive. Alas, still searching!

Reviewed December 25, 2016

This location is at the back of a older shopping center, so you would pass it by unless you knew it was here. But the food is decent Mex food. We have been here several times now and the family is satisfied with our meals and we plan on coming back. I enjoy their salad with the Mango salsa. My husband and son always want to help me finish it, so I think they enjoy it too. If you are in the area, I would give it a try.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

my family likes the lengua tacos and buritos. I prefer their shrimp tacos. Great homemade salsas and sauces. Very fresh. Best refried beans I have ever tasted.