“Outstanding Food, Great Service”
Review of The Plumed Horse

The Plumed Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Plumed Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Saratoga
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Central European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 4th Street
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

We visited the Plumed Horse for a celebratory dinner following my son’s graduation. All three of us ordered the tasting menu; my wife opted for the vegetarian version. Every dish was excellent, and we were consistently entertained by trying to rank them. (We gave up - they were all great, and for the most part each was better than the last.) My wife and son also got the wine pairings, and enjoyed all of the wines. (The wine cellar is a must-see. Go all the way in and look down.) The supplements (a foie gras and a crab/uni soufflé) were both well worth getting. Overall, an outstanding dining experience!

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Went there with two friends. The portions are not big, but very tasty. The wine list is fantastic, if you know your wines this is the place for you. Decor is lovely & they play good music.

Service was as you would expect. Price is pricy but worth it.

1  Thank 126vanessaa
Reviewed April 2, 2018

The dinner was great, shared with son and daughter in law. The servers were very attentive, almost too much so. The surprise came when we brought a special bottle of wine for our celebration and were charged $50 corkage fee which was way over the top.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

We're in the heart of Silicon Valley and this place sticks out. Why? Because the Chef and crew are stuck in the 80s. Don't get me wrong, the food is superb but the aesthetics are just boring.

They've taken a restaurant built in the 70s and tried every 10 years to update it so it's just a mess. The lighting is obnoxious, the service is spotty and the decor is from your grandmas house.

Cocktails are great, wine list is very extensive and the food is expertly prepared. I had the vegetarian chefs menu and it was very good. I just can't get over the service and the decor, sorry. Try Dio Deka if you're looking for a 1 star with elegance, service and food.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

This used to be a local cozy bar/restaurant. When they first redid it into a much more modern place, I resisted because I missed the cozy bar. I have definitely changed my tune. The food is great as is the staff and the owner.