“Nice Italian Restaurant for the money”
Review of Mio Vicino

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mio Vicino
Ranked #17 of 72 Restaurants in Saratoga
Reviewed May 16, 2017

We had intended to go to the Mio Vicino in Santa Clara. Not being familiar with the area I inadvertently entered the Saratoga site into my WAZE gps. I'm glad to have made the mistake. We got to see a nice quaint city of Saratoga. The meal was excellent and I'm sure it would have been the same at the Santa Clara cite. I would definitely recommend Mio Vicino at either location.

Reviewed December 28, 2016

I was so excited to see a new Italian choice nearby in Saratoga. We are always looking for a great place to take our large family group when we go out for birthday celebrations.
This was such a disappointment.
The upsides:
Comfortable tables - tables are not crammed together. We had plenty of room. It was also fairly quiet and we could hear each other well.
The restaurant decor is lovely; very well done.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. They made us feel at home.
Prices were reasonable.
Menu was typical Italian comfort food.
Bread is fabulous - crispy on the outside and soft and fresh on the inside. Yummy!
Downsides: the food was average at best. We had the antipasto appetizer. It was like a plate of jarred or packaged chopped up stuff. No character. The mozzerella was good on it though. Deep fried artichokes were delightful. Very yummy.
As far as the entrees went, the Chicken Parmesan was a big hit. Very flavorful with lots of melted cheese. Two members of our group had the Pizza of Fire. They found it way too spicy with way too much garlic. Both of them love jalapenos added to their food, but even for them, the heat overtook the flavor. Another member of the party had the meat pizza and said it was soggy and under-cooked. The cheese tortellini with chicken was fairly good but the chicken was dried out and stringy. I had my personal favorite - Penne Bolognese. I was very disappointed. The sauce had ground beef in it but it did not taste like it was cooked into it. Overall, the flavor was that of a tomato sauce with a crumbled hamburger in it.
Although one of the members of our party mentioned we were celebrating two birthdays, we weren't offered a small dessert for the celebrants.
So all in all, we won't be back.

Reviewed November 26, 2016

I have chosen not to eat wheat. When I was invited for lunch at this fabulous Italian restaurant for lunch, I was concerned that there wouldn't be options for me. I was wrong. I had a seared scallops salad that was to die for and I'd go back. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals. The service was excellent as well.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

My family and I thoroughly enjoy this restaurant. The service is excellent and the food is delicious! I have seem families here, such as us, as well as couples in the dining area. Great place!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Had expected standard pizza's and pasta. Ordered a chicken pizza, which was very good and actually different from what you normally get. Liked it a lot and food wasn't that expensive (appr. $15 for the pizza). Very friendly staff. What disappointed me a bit was the price of a glass of wine, $14 for a simple Merlot. Yet, I'd certainly come back here.