Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
When you visit the museum, as you get out of your vehicle and turn around you seethe San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge

The Bay Area Discovery Museum is really great for kids of all ages. There is so many buildings for... read more

Reviewed November 4, 2018
gofnbol
Safe and Fun

My kid is a runner. He sees something he wants, he runs for it. With that in mind, I feel assured... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2018
Cyndi V
San Francisco, California

Recommended experiences in and around Sausalito
from US$28.00
from US$30.00
from US$20.56
from US$192.50
More Info
All reviews older kids musical instruments curious george the golden gate bridge hands on activities water play daniel tiger different activities the outdoor play area great for kids all ages birthday parties activity center fun place for kids catch fish out of state exhibits change
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited with our toddler and he loved it. So much for him to do. I agree with reviewers who say it’s not for older children. I would say up to about 6 years would be fine but older children would probably be bored. However we went because there are toddler specific areas which he really enjoyed, as well as some of the other areas. I also have to say that the food in the little cafe was very good! Also the views of the Golden Gate Bridge are superb!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

We loved this place and the location. Great place for a day of family outing.
Huge parking lot so easy to find parking. Arrive early if you can!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We took our two little ones here (2 and 1) and they had a ball. There is plenty to entertain very small kids so our 1-year-old, rather than simply following her brother around (as she often does at play places) found entertainment for herself - from water play to hula hoops to rolling balls down walls, she wasn't stumped for an activity all day. All day! What a gift to parents in the bay area!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Out visiting in the bay area with my nephews...4 and 18 months...found this this place. Such a cute museum. Alot of interactive and imaginative play area. Came on a Thursday in September, so it wasn't very crowded. Both boys had alot of fun. A definite for the younger set. Maybe too tame for children 8 to 10 years old unless they have many younger siblings or friends. Most activities are outside so dress appropriately.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 24, 2017

We visit Northern California from TX every summer and this was the first time we hit up the Bay Area Discovery Museum. I can't speak too much to the activities or inside as my kids were outside the entire time. They've set up such an amazing space for the kids to climb, explore and play pretend. Kids ran around and played like crazy while my husband and I sat down and enjoyed the view of the Golden Gate Bridge. I highly recommend!

Date of experience: August 2017