“What a great restaurant for a lovely brunch”
Review of Fred's Coffee Shop

Fred's Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Classic Sausalito spot serving Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch for over 50 years! Try our special omelets, fluffy pancakes and unique french toast made with ice cream and grilled to perfection. Great for recovering after a wild night out or a meal with the family!
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

On a recent trip to San Francisco we took a Sunday morning trip over to Sausalito for brunch. We of course used TripAdvisor to find the best place and went along. You guys did not disappoint. There was a little queue and wait for 5 mins. But once seated the service was friendly, courteous, and quick. All of the food we had was great but you MUST have their special bacon. It was so amazing I don't have E the words. Their eggs Benedict with the special bacon was an absolute highlight of my holiday.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 15, 2018

My wife and I ate breakfast here on our last day in the bay area. Not only was it one of the best if not the best breakfasts I've ever had but watching the 4 short order cooks perform their craft was something to behold. Sit at the counter, you'll love it. They're like a well oiled machine. No wonder our meal was served piping hot, fresh and it only took a few minutes, even though the place was packed. The eggs, hash browns and bacon (oh that bacon) was cooked to perfection. Hats off to everyone at Fred's, it is truly the best place for breakfast in the bay area. Don't miss this place. I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Found this on TA. Typical down town diner that is great for a quick feed that is reasonably priced.

Due to popularity, you may need to share a table )but this adds to the charm) good coffee

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Delicious eggs and great coffee. This is in the heart of Sausalito. Service is great. Early on a Sunday wasn’t too busy. But get there before 9:00. Outdoor seating with heaters and blankets if it’s chilly.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Fred's is my go to breakfast destination several times a week both while going
to work and and since retirement. For nearly 40 years whether a full and filling
plate of meat and eggs or just "in a hurry" toast and coffee, I was never disappointed.
Occasionally I'd have a burger and fries. No complaints, always generous and full of
beefy flavor. On weekends it is sometime a wait, but worth waiting.,

Date of visit: July 2018