“Not a good place for a take-out order”
Review of Bayside Cafe

Bayside Cafe
Ranked #27 of 84 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I called in a take-out order. The young woman on the phone is not a native English speaker. I understand not everyone is, and I'm patient and don't have a problem with that. I ordered 2 breakfasts, and an extra order of sausage (i.e. double order of sausage). Not really that complicated. I should add that we're fairly regular customers, mostly for take-out.

The young woman who answers the phone seems a bit confused by my order, but I carefully repeat is for her. When I get there, there is no second order of sausage. I speak to the owner and explain that I wanted a double order of sausage (there is apparently confusion because they make one sausage and cut it into two pieces - that is one sausage, cut into two pieces, not a double order of sausage).

I explain that I wanted a double order of sausage and wait for the second sausage to be prepared. He rings me up and hands me my credit card slip. It seems a bit high. I get no detail. I wait. I wait some more. It is bothering me that this is so high and I get no detailed pricing. Finally my order is prepared. I ask if I can see the detail of the order, because it is $39, a lot more than I expect to pay for two breakfast egg orders, an extra side of sausage, and a bagel. He opens up everything and I see that instead of a second sausage, they made another entire breakfast, so I now have three breakfasts. I explain I only asked for an extra sausage, not another meal. He tells me that's what I ordered. So first the young woman gets it wrong, and then he does too.

So, I pay for an extra meal I didn't order and don't want. And I deal with an owner who flubs the order, doesn't give detailed cost on anything, and expects me to pay for his mistake and refuses to make it right. I am polite the entire time, not that it matters.

I leave angry and muttering to myself. I won't be back!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way to Gratin Casino Resort. My wife said herCobb salad was the bestshe haseverhad. My Rueben Sandwich was generously made with a very generous portion of Pastrami. We will definitely come back to this Sausalito Gem! Wait staff get friendly, bussing staffclear tables immediately. First thing I noticed was how clean the Cafe is. They also have an Ice Cream counter!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We enjoyed lunch here and then took a walk to look at some of the houseboats in the harbor. Service and food were very good. Would recommend.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2017

We searched for places to eat breakfast right off 101 on the way to the Forest. Great service, conventional breakfast menu and very tasty. Convenient and happy with the choice.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Muir Woods. The omelets are amazing. My husband had an incredible turkey club and the kids had burgers and fries. The food is great and the staff is so friendly. We loved it so much we went back the next day on our way to Sonoma!!

Date of visit: June 2017