“Nice place for breakfast. Oatmeal was outstanding.”
Review of Bayside Cafe

Bayside Cafe
Ranked #27 of 84 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed February 14, 2018

This restaurant is popular with the locals. The food seems very good, although I only had one breakfast. My oatmeal was pipin' hot and delicious, and it was definitely better prepared than most places. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

If you want to get a really well priced hearty American meal this is one of the great eateries in Southern Marin that serve breakfast all day. It is situated in a small shopping center right off the 101 freeway in Sausalito. It is a well established family restaurant. There are no great frills or fancy decor just first rate cooking. There are also booths, which I love. I imagine that many of the patrons get there by word of mouth praise of the place. It’s often busy yet service is fast. The weekends are busier and at times there’s a short wait. Well worth it. I have ordered several different dishes there from the pancakes to the burgers and have never been disappointed. The portions are huge. I always leave with enough leftovers for another small meal. Ooo and they make really good gluten free pancakes. Its also right off the bike path that runs from Mill Valley to the Sausalito ferry and next door to Mikes Bikes. Go down and check it out. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

We left Muir Woods on the way to San Fran and were looking for a place to stop and grab lunch. We tried Bayside Cafe and enjoyed it. I had the Jazzy Jalapeño Burger and it was pretty good. If you are hungry coming out of Muir Woods I'd check Bayside out.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

pretty crowded on a sunday early afternoon. good selection of different dishes, excellent omelettes, even the bloody mary was good. i could enjoy a better coffee.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I called in a take-out order. The young woman on the phone is not a native English speaker. I understand not everyone is, and I'm patient and don't have a problem with that. I ordered 2 breakfasts, and an extra order of sausage (i.e. double order of sausage). Not really that complicated. I should add that we're fairly regular customers, mostly for take-out.

The young woman who answers the phone seems a bit confused by my order, but I carefully repeat is for her. When I get there, there is no second order of sausage. I speak to the owner and explain that I wanted a double order of sausage (there is apparently confusion because they make one sausage and cut it into two pieces - that is one sausage, cut into two pieces, not a double order of sausage).

I explain that I wanted a double order of sausage and wait for the second sausage to be prepared. He rings me up and hands me my credit card slip. It seems a bit high. I get no detail. I wait. I wait some more. It is bothering me that this is so high and I get no detailed pricing. Finally my order is prepared. I ask if I can see the detail of the order, because it is $39, a lot more than I expect to pay for two breakfast egg orders, an extra side of sausage, and a bagel. He opens up everything and I see that instead of a second sausage, they made another entire breakfast, so I now have three breakfasts. I explain I only asked for an extra sausage, not another meal. He tells me that's what I ordered. So first the young woman gets it wrong, and then he does too.

So, I pay for an extra meal I didn't order and don't want. And I deal with an owner who flubs the order, doesn't give detailed cost on anything, and expects me to pay for his mistake and refuses to make it right. I am polite the entire time, not that it matters.

I leave angry and muttering to myself. I won't be back!

Date of visit: September 2017