“Secret spot”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A little hide-a-way just minutes from town. Open to the Public! Kid friendly. The center for over 4,500 wine and food fanatics - over 1,400 live within 10 minutes of the club. Try our house made pasta, lasagna, ravioli, local cheeses, tremendous vegetarian selection plus vegan options. Great wild mushroom organic chicken. A very hospitable environment with a warm dining room, lovely garden view, and that West County vibe in abundance. Join the club to have ultra-small wines picked out for you and sent home. Wine by the glass, very informal dining, kids menu available. We have another location in Sonoma (with another 700 members) and also ship wine to over 2,500 people around the U S of A. Dinner Thursday-Monday; Brunch Saturday & Sunday
Reviewed April 7, 2018

An absolute gem of a spot with great food, ambiance, and just enough weirdness to make it fun. Every meal I have eaten here is great and I am a wine club member, so I go often. The Middle Eastern platter is amazing, not your typical variety, and a meal in itself. Don't miss it.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

We were looking to find a Sebastopol restaurant to meet another couple before seeing The Shape of Water. We had been to most places on Tripadvisor's list of best restaurants and frankly none of them were that exciting. La Bodega stood out as having great Italian food plus it was midway between us and our friends. The reservation phone call was a bit off beat which I liked - guy asked if there was some special occasion where they could embarrass one of us at dinner. My wife's birthday was the previous week as was one of our friends so I said let's embarrass them. Turned out we were there during the local Restaurant Week so there were several prix fix items, one of which our friend had and it included a salad and dessert which we all shared. Otherwise the menu was an interesting mix of dishes with vegetarian, meat, and pasta dishes - all dishes were delicious! The setting is a bit funky but very pleasant and welcoming - you get your own dishes, silverware and water. There was one table with about 20 bottles of open wine and the hostess comes to each person to ask what sort of wine they want, then let us each taste several before making a selection. My wife and I both had a Cabernet Franc which was delicious. The owners are an Israeli woman and an Italian guy whose dad ran a well known eatery in San Francisco. Everyone was super nice and the chef came out to chat with each table - not sure if this always happens or if it had to do with Restaurant Week, but was fun. This place used to be a quirky sort of French restaurant that was hard to see and one we never tried, but this new iteration was a gem. Will definitely go back; highly recommend.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

...and they will love you!

My wife and I drove there around lunch time. They were working on their brunch menu, but we did find something that fit us just fine.

Meekk, one of the owners, was very accommodating about our wine selection. I wanted some white and my wife wanted some red. She made us try four different kinds, and at the end I settled for a rose (my 5th taste) since I said (erroneously) that rose was always "soft". Meekk gave me one that was the exception to my wrong rule, and that ended my selection.

I had the Mediterranean Plate (house pita with milk and honey, Nava's matbucha, house made labne, hummus, caramelized eggplant, pomegranate molasses and olives). My wife had the Fuji apple salad (with spring mix, endive, Point Reyes blue cheese (delicious), caramelized pecans, walnut oil, honey and dijon mustard vinaigrette).

It was a very enjoyable hour with Meekk offering 15% discount for our next visit. She is a very warm person.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

Had dinner the other night and I was transported back to Europe. Wonderful service, wonderful food. Just a wonderful time! Highly recommend!

1  Thank George B
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Casual with excellent wine and food. A bit unique as silverware, napkins, water is self-serve. Wine and meal are worth it. Meekk, Brian and all staff are warm, informative and enjoy making sure people are happy with their wine and food. Prices are very reasonable for the quality. We love Sonoma and this place is one of the reasons.