“Favorite business lunch sushi!”
Review of Sushi Tozai

Sushi Tozai
Ranked #21 of 113 Restaurants in Sebastopol
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sushi Tozai is the location where East (to) meets West (zai) as we bring to you the food and flavors of Japan in a classic sushi house decor. We start with fresh seafood that gets delivered to us daily including wild pacific salmon and wild blue fin tuna. We handmake all of our sushi with personal care to ensure every bite is packed with delicious tastes. In addition to our fresh, quality sushi, we offer traditional Japanese fare including tempura, teriyaki chicken and our popular prawns martini appetizer. The food is complemented by a full selection of sake, local wines and Japanese beers. Enjoy the delicious tastes of Japan for lunch, or dinner in a warm and relaxed environment. "To sum up: Sushi Tozai is modestly priced and serves excellent, fresh sushi and sashimi along with bento boxes for lunch or dinner. Well worth a visit." Read Full Review - Jeff Cox, Santa Rosa Press Democrat
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Tozai is a great meet up spot for business lunches, family dinners and even take out! Probably my favorite sushi spot in Sonoma County. I always order the Martini Prawns, Jalepeno Hamachi, a Sebastopol Roll and maybe another option or two that sounds good to everyone at the table. The sushi chefs , wait staff and other chefs are always so nice!! They ask how my family is doing and are quick to look at a picture of my two year old! Steve,the owner, can be seen going from his sushi restaurant to his adjacent restaurant next door. Seems like a nice gentleman. Thank you Tozai!!! I’ll see u soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

My daughter's favorite restaurant in the whole area, and easy to understand why. This sushi restaurant has extremely fresh seafood and prepares a wide variety of sushi and sashi options, including the longest list of roles I've ever seen. Portions are generous.

I've been here many times. On one visit, I'm had to avoid fish and ordered from the noodles and soups, and here, I was less impressed. The Raman was good but needed a more assertive sauce. There was a stir fry of vegetables and tofu that seemed even more bland. But the vegetarian gyoza were yummy.

Great selection of saki.

I've eaten in plenty of five-star sushi places, and I don't want to portray sushi Tozai that way. They lack the inventiveness and unusual dishes, and those noodle and stir fry dishes weren't great. So if that is your goal, drive to San Francisco. But... if you just want great sushi in a friendly environment, and don't need anything very fancy, plan to stick to sushi, and want everything to be delicious, this is a very good option. Prices are reasonable too.

Reviewed January 19, 2017

living up here in the hinterlands, good Asian restaurants of many ilks......chinese, japanese, vietnamese, thai etc. are just few and far between. however, sushi tozai was absolutely delicious, fresh, and satisfying. the tempura we shared while waiting for our sushi was so light and fresh. all the sushi was the same.....fresh and delicious. the inside upstairs was all wood and sleek......plates presented beautifully. no complaints across the board. a really happy find for me.

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

I have living for while but this was the first time to visit Sushi Tozai. I was impressed how busy was and how big was the restaurant. The decor is pretty blend with wood walls.
The food was very good, healthy and fresh.
The service was a little bit slow but friendly.
I will be back!

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

With a day time Date in mind.. we wanted to try a place that was new.. and it was an awesome choice... food is off the charts good... service was vey accommodating... I definitely recommend this place if your looking for good priced great tasting sushi...