“We go here weekly”
Review of Ginger Thai

Ginger Thai
Ranked #35 of 115 Restaurants in Sebastopol
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Love their food. Always fresh and delicious. We've been to other Thai places, but this is one of our favorites in the county.

Reviewed November 11, 2016

This Thai restaurant is my hosted my second experience in eating there in the last year. I was not impressed the first time and this second time confirms my feelings and I will not go back. Too bad because the service is friendly and I get the feeling that the restaurant is trying very hard to be good and survive. But I feel I must be honest in what I write based on my experience as a professional in the restaurant field as well as my years of experiences in eating Thai food in this country as well as in Thailand.
The menu is somewhat extensive and everything reads and sounds good. But this recent dining experience with friends gave me the opportunity to order and share several things. The bottom line is that almost everything was oily, fatty or greasy which is very unusual for Thai food.
The fresh roll appetizer was good and everything else was down hill from there. The garlic fried tofu as well as the fish cake appetizers were pockets of oil. Both the duck red and non red special duck curries were flavorful but overly loaded with chunks of pineapple and the duck was mostly pure fat. The garlic salmon and vegetables, a signature house dish, was mostly onions with a few sprigs of broccoli and what was described as grilled salmon was actually fried that rendered it crispy, dry and oily.
The bath rooms are clean (at least the men's room and I assume the ladies room too), but they were not well attended. Both the sanitary seat papers and paper hand towel holders were empty.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

We were seeing music at the Hop Munk and didn't want their greasy fries and bar food. Pulled out of the parking lot and immediately re parked when we saw this place. WOW!!!!!!! Great Food UNPRETENTIOUS (hard for Sebastopol) loved the food the folks that run the place are fantastic and kind. Go here and try it your self. you won't be disappointed

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Met friends for dinner. Everything from the spring rolls to the mango salad and assorted curry dishes was excellent.

Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

I stumbled upon a review of Ginger Thai, and it was too hot to cook, so we went out. Very pleased with what we ordered, even good vegan options - all with delicious sauces where you close your eyes to savor the flavors with a happy mouth dance. Had fresh spring rolls, green veggie curry - moderate-hot spice it ha nice Thai basil, panang noodles with broccoli in savory peanut sauce which was a little sweet but delicious, and Dad had a yummy beef veggie dish. Topped it off with a nice mango sticky rice desert, one with 3 forks, and we were not only stuffed, but had leftovers. Service was great. The owner, A, was not only serving but cooking and cleaning tables, amazing woman. I think she is looking for staff. Wish we'd known about this sooner; they opened in fall 2014. Go, and always tip well.