“Would highly recommend this hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sebastopol
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Would highly recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The staff was excellent, upon check in supplied a map to local eating establishments. Offered coupons/brochures on wine tours, this was a good location to stay to do winery tours. The breakfast area was very clean and the hostess was very attentive to restocking and meeting the guests needs. We were very satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 March 2012

It was a last minute decision to stay at a hotel in this area due to the weather, so the reservations were made same day we arrived and we had no problem getting a nice quiet room at the back of the building. There are all the usual amenities: complimentary breakfast with varied hot and cold choices, outdoor pool and hot tub, free wifi, office center. The weather was rainy so unfortunately we did not use the pool/hot tub, but all looked well maintained and clean. The lobby had a huge cozy fireplace with deep chairs to enjoy the rainy weather. The room was done in contemporary style with orange and lime green accents-very tasteful; the bed was most comfortable with a perfect amount of bedding because the a/c-heating was very good and the thermostat easy to use. The bathroom was bright and spacious. The closet was a good size with solid folding doors and there was a refrigerator, coffee maker and hairdryer in the room. The hotel is on the main highway, so everything is easy to get to in Sebastopol and nearby Santa Rosa and Petaluma. I recommend this hotel as a good central place to explore the area.

Room Tip: Back of the building, away from highway noise is best.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
lipstkshu, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
gr8fulspace, thank you for your review. The fact that we renovated the entire hotel at the end of 2008 is an indicator of how hard our housekeeping and maintenance staff works to keep our hotel looking like new. I applaude them - clap, clap, yea!

The other point you mentioned, and I also agree with, is the fact that the location of our hotel is central to all things to see, do and eat in Sonoma County. Literally, we are 30 minutes to Bodega Bay and the coast beaches, Armstrong Redwood Grove for hiking, Santa Rosa, Healdsburg and Petaluma. And if winetasting is a must, we are not more than 10 minutes from some great local wineries, Iron Horse, Lynmar, Dutton Estate and it goes on.

Our Guest Service Agents are the best "know it alls" for information about our area and beyond. They have coupons and know about specials at local restaurants and wineries that they love to pass on to our guests.
Hudsonville, Michigan
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Everything was as described. We loved the breakfast -- there were even breakfast burritoes with salsa! Restaurants are within walking distance. The hotel is along a busy road (116) but we could not even hear it during the night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Martinez, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The first time I stayed here, I was put into a room facing the highway. The minute I walked in and heard the overwhelming noise, I knew we would not be able to sleep. I returned to the desk immediately and was reassigned to a room in the back. That room was very quiet. Knowing this situation, the next time I made a reservation over a week in advance, I asked to have a quiet room in the back. I knew I was tallking to the temperamental guy at the desk and not the nice one. He said that he could not guarantee that. I told him I could not sleep with the street noise on the front row. He made no effort to accommodate my request. It is hard to believe that a Marriott Hotel could be like this. I told him that I could not take that chance and I would have to cancel, which I did. The only reason I give this place 3 stars is my good experience the first time and the breakfast is also good.

Room Tip: A good room depends on which one of two desk clerks you talk to. I verified with them that they im...
1 Thank travelfriend1
lipstkshu, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Travelfriend1, you are correct your reservation was handled wrong. Especially if you are a returning guest and you enjoyed a specific room, you should be able to get that room on your next visit - no ifs, ands or buts.

When I received your review last week, I immediately spoke with our General Manager. We both agreed that the specific GSA that you dealt with plus all of our other service agents are in a need of a refresher on how to say "yes" to the guest.

I hope you give us a chance to make this up to you when you are up our way again. And keep in mind, immediate help with all your reservation needs is the General Manager's responsiblity please don't hesistate to ask to speak to her if you need to - any time.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Not much to say but that is very nice place to stay. Very, very clean rooms.

Room Tip: Get the studio if you staying more than a day. It is very nice!
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Came up to see our son, who is attending Sonoma State University in nearby Rohnert Park, which is about a 15 minute drive from this hotel. Very fresh and clean hotel, lovely lobby with a "fire" in the fireplace, which gave it a cozy feel. Fast and efficient check-in, rooms comfortable, excellent wi-fi. Breakfast came with the room and it was well layed out, waffle maker, bacon and eggs, fruit, cereals etc. We also tried a restaurant for breakfast one morning, The Hole in the Wall, about 2 blocks from the hotel. Good breakfast with homemade biscuits. We would be happy to stay here again on our next visit north.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco,Ca
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel has become our little secret hideaway for the wine country. Great location for wineries, restaurants and antique shopping. This isn't Napa, nor do we want it to be. Sebastapol is a farming town primarily, but it has plenty to see and do. Lovely pool, friendly staff and great location, with breakfast thrown in. Refigerators are in the rooms, always a plus.

Room Tip: Try to be near the pool, if not away from the front.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastopol
1.5 km away
14.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport
9.6 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol? Share your experiences!