“Great hotel with complimentry roaches & continental breakfast.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn

BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Selma
Portland, Oregon
“Great hotel with complimentry roaches & continental breakfast.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Management, very friendly. However, they overcharged my American Express with the absense of my AAA discount. One swimming live roach found in swimming pool and one dying one found belly up in the bathroom in the morning.. no extra charge. Room was standard, however, there was sticky gunk on the carpet. I let management know about this and they said they'd have Maria (the housekeeper) clean the carpets better next time. Oh, and the advertised spa, does not exist.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

We arrived late to find a very courteous manager who took special care of us. We had a quiet stay in a clean room and enjoyed the breakfast and pool.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank WeTravelWithToddler
Long Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

The hotel was nice and clean, the rooms were big enough for my wife and two kids, and had good air conditioning, a nice flat tv, big bathroom, and FREE breakfast that helped us save money. Was a pleasant stay during our visit to the Central Valley for a family wedding.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank RobertTurlock
seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2009

Where to start. I will say check in was painless. However a flag was raised when I was given a modem cable at the front desk for internet access. Upon entering my room I found it to be a bit outdated, old decor. The big surprise came when I pulled back my bed spread to find hair in my bed. That sent me back downstairs to check in to another room. They kindly checked me in to another room and I was told the maid would be notified of the displeasure. They really did not seem to concerned. As if it's only hair, what's the big deal. Upon entering my second room I again found it to be pretty dirty. Carpet was filthy. However no hair in the bed! I honestly felt uncomfortable to touch anything in room. After discussing with my colleagues we decided we would check out the following day. We asked the desk clerk that day if this would be o.k, without any penalty. She assured us as oong as we check out by 11 a.m this would be fine. Next day we gathered our belongings hit the front desk at 7 a.m to be told by the owner that we would be charged for the full week. After nearly 45 minutes of arguing with the owner she finally allowed us to check out. She insisted that the prior day employee said no such thing, that she was wrong. We tried to explain to her that that is not our problem. She must take it up with her employee as a training issue. It was a nightmare. Well to top it off I checked my credit card statement the following week to find that she had charged us an additional $25 three days after our checkout. Unauthorized! Oh and breakfast, forget about it. I wouldn't trust to eat what they had out. No coffee. No juice. Cereal and toast is about all your going to get.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank codered72

Travellers are raving about these Selma hotels

Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2008

I just wrote a detailed review to have it dissapear so this will be brief.
My complaints: bait and switch by hotel manager. She quoted once price and changed it when we arrived. FInally was able to get quoted price but without a confirmation it was hard to prove what was said days earlier. FYI, I chose this place because it was substantially less than competitor.
MOldy food, found and tasted by my baby. I had a feeling that the room could have been 'cleaner' and my doubts were confirmed. Note to self: always check under beds when traveling with babies or young children. Fortunately it wasn't a hyperdermic needle or anything like that. When I told manager she said that she would inform the maid. Obviously it wasn't a big deal for her.
AM breakfast. Choices, toast, cereal, or rolls. AND THERE WASN"T COFFEE available. THey offered to make a pot but we had no time to wait.
The room was quiet, easy to find and rate was good considering.
Not to sure I would go back .

Stayed January 2008
Cocoa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2007

This hotel was extremely old and dirty, The bedspread had pizza sauce on it. We didnt have any towels. The cups had dust on them. The elevators had popcorn all over the floors. The breakfast was the worst I have ever seen. No Coffee was left, you got raisin bran or fruitloops or white bread. No juice. For the price and condition of this hotel , you just want to run

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank FloridaTerry
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2007

We arrived in the area very late at night and hadn't found a place to stay. The woman who answered the phone said yes, they had room and gave me directions. The checkin process was speedy so we could get into our room and get some sleep. The room was very clean and comfortable. I travel to that area every so often and will think of this hotel again!

• Liked — It was clean and the staff was friendly.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank gbunny64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
0.1 km away
22.5 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
19.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South

Been to BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!