“Great Stay in the Central Valley”

Best Western Colonial Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Selma
Long Beach
“Great Stay in the Central Valley”
Reviewed 13 July 2009

The hotel was nice and clean, the rooms were big enough for my wife and two kids, and had good air conditioning, a nice flat tv, big bathroom, and FREE breakfast that helped us save money. Was a pleasant stay during our visit to the Central Valley for a family wedding.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank RobertTurlock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
seattle
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Where to start. I will say check in was painless. However a flag was raised when I was given a modem cable at the front desk for internet access. Upon entering my room I found it to be a bit outdated, old decor. The big surprise came when I pulled back my bed spread to find hair in my bed. That sent me back downstairs to check in to another room. They kindly checked me in to another room and I was told the maid would be notified of the displeasure. They really did not seem to concerned. As if it's only hair, what's the big deal. Upon entering my second room I again found it to be pretty dirty. Carpet was filthy. However no hair in the bed! I honestly felt uncomfortable to touch anything in room. After discussing with my colleagues we decided we would check out the following day. We asked the desk clerk that day if this would be o.k, without any penalty. She assured us as oong as we check out by 11 a.m this would be fine. Next day we gathered our belongings hit the front desk at 7 a.m to be told by the owner that we would be charged for the full week. After nearly 45 minutes of arguing with the owner she finally allowed us to check out. She insisted that the prior day employee said no such thing, that she was wrong. We tried to explain to her that that is not our problem. She must take it up with her employee as a training issue. It was a nightmare. Well to top it off I checked my credit card statement the following week to find that she had charged us an additional $25 three days after our checkout. Unauthorized! Oh and breakfast, forget about it. I wouldn't trust to eat what they had out. No coffee. No juice. Cereal and toast is about all your going to get.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank codered72

Travellers are raving about these Selma hotels

Northern California
Reviewed 26 January 2008

I just wrote a detailed review to have it dissapear so this will be brief.
My complaints: bait and switch by hotel manager. She quoted once price and changed it when we arrived. FInally was able to get quoted price but without a confirmation it was hard to prove what was said days earlier. FYI, I chose this place because it was substantially less than competitor.
MOldy food, found and tasted by my baby. I had a feeling that the room could have been 'cleaner' and my doubts were confirmed. Note to self: always check under beds when traveling with babies or young children. Fortunately it wasn't a hyperdermic needle or anything like that. When I told manager she said that she would inform the maid. Obviously it wasn't a big deal for her.
AM breakfast. Choices, toast, cereal, or rolls. AND THERE WASN"T COFFEE available. THey offered to make a pot but we had no time to wait.
The room was quiet, easy to find and rate was good considering.
Not to sure I would go back .

Stayed January 2008
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2007

This hotel was extremely old and dirty, The bedspread had pizza sauce on it. We didnt have any towels. The cups had dust on them. The elevators had popcorn all over the floors. The breakfast was the worst I have ever seen. No Coffee was left, you got raisin bran or fruitloops or white bread. No juice. For the price and condition of this hotel , you just want to run

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaTerry
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2007

We arrived in the area very late at night and hadn't found a place to stay. The woman who answered the phone said yes, they had room and gave me directions. The checkin process was speedy so we could get into our room and get some sleep. The room was very clean and comfortable. I travel to that area every so often and will think of this hotel again!

• Liked — It was clean and the staff was friendly.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank gbunny64
Irvine Ca
Reviewed 26 May 2007

my family and i were traveling across california and needed a place to stay for the night in central california. We stopped by the best western and the staff working at the front desk were so sweet and pleasant. the check in process was fast and easy and we were able to get into our room quickly. The hotel was nice and quiet and the rooms was comfortable. Definitely recommend staying the night here if you're traveling up or down the 99.

• Liked — the staff
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank funnyrunner11
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 13 August 2006

Having recently stayed in Kingsburg and not being impressed, I decided to try this property because it had king sized beds. I was happily surprised with how nice this property was. This is a nice basic hotel, with a very comfortable room. Soaps, decor were all above average. Front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Room was very quiet. I'll return to this property for sure!

• Liked — Affordable, convenient, nicer than expected
  • Disliked — Wi-Fi Internet access is only available in rooms on one side of the building, and in main lobby. I needed in room access, but I wasn't on the right side of building. They should have asked me if I needed this before I settled in to my room
  • Tips/Secrets — If you need internet access, ask if it's available in the room you get
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Leslie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
0.1 km away
37.5 km away
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Best Western Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!