“Wonderful stay - Everything was perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Palomar Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Shell Beach B&B and Inns
San Jose, California
“Wonderful stay - Everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

This is my second visit, and first after remodeled its look great, nice paint, clean and comfortable beds, bathroom all remodel, excellent customer service. It is very convenient close to shopping center, beach and on Highway one. The staff was very friendly, manager even went above and beyond his way to provide us with extra pillow and blanket. Also recommend us great restaurants in the area. The neighborhood is very quiet too. We have thoroughly enjoyed our second visit. I would highly recommend anybody visiting this area!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank andy t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

I have stayed multiple time before and after remodel. I like what they have done to remodel.The rooms were like new. the beds were confortable and had nice linens. Very clean! The staff was all very freindly and helpful.Location closed to beach and resturant's are at walking distance.
definately a reapeat customer.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Vasant D
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed at the Palomar for two nights and was welcomed by friendly staff and impressed by the well-kept and comfortable rooms. The value is quite good and the tariffs are fair.
The location is excellent and I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone visiting the Shell Beach area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Russ L
newbury park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I have stayed three knights at this motel . My experience of stay i find this place very quite
and clean . The staff's are friendly reasonable rate which i would recomend to anyone i know .
The motel is close to the beach and restaurant's are at walking distance . It is very safe place
to stay .

Room Tip: I would suggest any room is worth while
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank mohammed a
torrance
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

My family and I stayed at the Palomar Inn and it was a horrible experience.

The room that my wife and I stayed in came with a kitchen for an extra charge. The stove did not work and the kitchen was not clean. So I went to the office to check out and I was told that I would not get a refund.

We were moved to a different room. This one was worse. The kitchen was not clean. The toilet overflowed repeatedly, the sink did not drain properly and the thormostat in the room was totally broken.

The room that my daughter and her family stayed in was even more frightening. They woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible gas smell in the room. Her husband immediately turned off the heater and vented the room. When she went to the office in the morning to complain she was told the gas smell was perfectly normal because previous guests had already complained and nothing had happened. However, my daughter demanded that they call the gas company. When the man from the gas company checked the heater he found a leaking pipe and the vent was obstructed. the management is even worse and rude. Plus the place needs some repair and major renovation and an owner who cares. It is a miracle that with all the gas leaks that this place has had that an explosion has not occured with fatal consequences.

I have filed a complaint with the City of Pismo Beach and their Building Dept. is currently investigating the place for numerous violations. I am waiting for their final report before I decide on legal action against the Palomar Inn for knowingly placing my family and me in this dangerous situation.

we

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank fritz s

Travellers are raving about these Shell Beach hotels

Pomona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Everything was clean, no AC nice little patio area with a bbq bring your own charcoal. There's a coffee pot in room come prepared bring your own coffee. There is a place to buy coffee next that was great. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice I got a full kitchen that was great. The town is close to everything. Great price I can not wait to go back. The mexican food place down the street was excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EAT32911
Santa Rosa, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I and our birds had to stay at the Palomar Inn for 10 days while our rental was in renovation. The stay started out great, the managers were nice and the room was great. Then we walked in one day and our room smelled like gas. They let a gas worker come into our room when we weren't there who did something with the heater and left the room filled with this awful smell. We are lucky they didn't kill our birds. The next morning I was woken up at 7:50 AM by the manager telling me the gas guy was there to fix the heater. What a pain in the butt. After looking at reviews for this hotel online, I noted that a guest who had been there right before us had a problem with gas that was emitting carbon monoxide!!! I wonder if we had the same room! What kind of managers rent a room knowing that gas is a problem? Then the managers tried to add $100 to our bill at the end of our stay because they didn't add their "pet fee" at the beginning. The lady manager made a scene outside of our hotel room when we were trying to leave. Horrible experience during an already stressful time in my life. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sandcastle Inn
Sandcastle Inn
#8 of 27 in Pismo Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,091 reviews

Been to The Palomar Inn? Share your experiences!