“Very good ... but, it tends to misfire here and there”

Zorro's Cafe & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

I keep wanting this place to be excellent. I love the small size, the decor, the high energy and the staff (who really enjoy each other!). The chips are fresh and the salsa is very good. Each time we go here we have something that is excellent, something that is good, and something that is not so good. It's this mixed bag from the kitchen that keeps it from being top notch.

On our most recent visit, my wife had the spinach enchiladas and they were excellent. Spicy but very tasty. I ordered #18, a combo of a chili relleno and a carnitas taco. The relleno was good, but the carnitas meat in the taco was either overcooked or had been sitting around too long -- it was very dry, and the tortilla was average at best. The mixed bag continues. We'll probably go back another time or two to explore the menu a bit more.

They don't take reservations and it can be crowded. This visit was after 7:00pm on a Wednesday night and we walked right in.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

The food here was oriented around the Latino culture but offered some classic burgers and solid fish. The restaurant often has a wait list for 5-10 minutes but on a nice day can be very rewarding and nice. I would speak highly of this restaurant and recommend this to you and others.

-Thanks!!

Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

The food was quite good with more than adequate size portions. Certainly worth the price which about average for a family restaurant in this area. The service was good. All this considered this is a place worth returning to.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

Food was good in this casual setting. We didn't have anything that was amazing but the dishes were all on the good level. Carnitas burrito, carnitas plate and kids chicken nuggets. I don't think you will go wrong here but it's not off the charts either :-)

Reviewed December 19, 2017

We wanted some Mexican food we tried something different, I had chicken enchiladas and they are not stingy they were filled with chicken, great flavor. The venue was good a small place but very busy and all the staff was friendly. I definitely would eat there again. My friend had the bacon, eggs and hash browns she was satisfied with here meal also. So if are with a group you can get Mexican food or American food.