Solvang Gardens
Viking Motel(Solvang)
Hadsten House(Solvang)
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)
View Hotel
All reviewsenglish gardencontinental breakfastlovely gardenantique furnishingsgarden areawithin walking distance of downtownglass of winethe main dragin townking suitecharming hotelpastriesstayed one nightliving roombed was very comfortablecoffee makerlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2007

My husband and I stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon. I knew I wanted to stay here from the first time I saw the pictures of the gardens. We enjoyed a stroll under the fruit trees and observed a pretty Blue jay. The innkeeper was gracious enough to take some very nice pictures of us in the gardens. Both innkeepers were very hospitable. We entered our room to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers from the gardens as well as two souvenir wine glasses and a bottle of wine in honor of our honeymoon. We stayed in the Wild Poppy which I was initially hesitant to do because I'm not really into country western decor, but I'm so glad we did. Its a very spacious room with a big closet connecting the smallish bathroom and main room. There's a separate kitchen area and a private patio. The bed is big and comfy. Its definitely the most private of rooms. Even though breakfast was only a continental breakfast, we thought it was quite good-granola cereal, pastries, fruit, orange juice and coffee. We had dinner at Cafe Angelica (with a buy one get one free coupon the innkeeper supplied us with) and I had the best ravioli I've ever had. The walk to town is only a couple blocks so The Solvang Gardens Lodge really is the perfect location- all the little shops close, but no traffic noise. I recommend staying here if you are looking for a quiet retreat.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DisneyMagic143
Reviewed 15 January 2007

I dont know why everybody is saying this hotel was horrible, crappy, dingy, or motel like. I didnt think the pictures were misleading at all and was expecting something similar to a bed and breakfast. (It is Solvang!) I came here with my boyfriend and I loved everything about it. The staff was fantastic, the rooms were of course small but I didnt have any trouble with the AC. Yes I will agree that the decor is dated and very floral, but I knew that from the online photos. I only paid 149 a night for two nights on a weekend and was very pleased with my overall experience. We read in the garden, looked at the stars, and took walks into the busier part of the city. Everyone was wonderful and I found our room to be nice and quiet, and quaint. It was perfect. I can't wait until I can go back!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 September 2006

Even though I called 5 days ahead, and wanted to postpone, not cancel, I was told I'd have to pay for the room unless they resold it. This was to be a romantic getaway for my birthday, but I couldn't find anyone to stay with my kids, so now I'm paying for a vacation I don't get to take.
I wish Solvang Gardens Lodge valued their guests as much as their cancellation policy.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GoMommyGo
Reviewed 17 August 2006

We stayed for only one night but the room was wonderful (Butterfly Orchid Room), maybe a bit small. Very helpful staff, beautiful garden. Situation a few minutes walk from downtown Solvang. Worth the stay.

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed 12 June 2006

My friend and I had a girls weekend and spent Memorial weekend here. Ok, so the rooms a little small, but if you've stayed at Bed & Breakfast type places, this is not a new thing. I found the wallpaper, cherubs, and decorations endearing. The front and back gardens are beautifully maintained. No phones in the room, but there is a tv and free wireless internet. The staff is very friendly and are willing to assist in recommendations for restaurants and things to do. I must agree with the person who complained about the place being a dump (which it isn't, I've stayed in worse) -- the price per night was a little high. But again, that is to be expected if you want to stay at a B&B...

• Stayed: May 2006