Hadsten House
The Landsby(Solvang)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Corque(Solvang)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolpotatoeswine tastingoatmealelectric fireplacelobster bisquefresh fruitflat screena great place to stayhot tubmid weeksliding doorfree breakfastwine countryroom ratesanta barbarain town
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Read the reviews, liked what we read and decided to try Hadsten House for our one night stay. Very good front desk personalities, helpful and quick check in. We were on the first floor and the motel was very busy, but not overly noisy. We decided to try the dinner in their restraurant and were happy with our choices. Would go back, especially for the apple "pie" made with puff pastery. We went to a concert at the Chumash Casino and the Hadsten House is close to that venue, easy drive.
Bed was a little firm for us (we have an air bed) but room really clean, well decorated and very comfortable. Loved the fireplace.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel is newly renovated, and very nicely done. It's spotlessly clean and inviting with comfortable beds, an accommodating, friendly staff, a nice indoor heated pool, outside hot tub and just a short walk to downtown shops. Couldn't have been better! We arrived in the rain with temps in the 30's to a toasty newly remodeled room, so the hot tub could simply not be hot enough for us. Despite the weather we had a Wonderful stay! Not a complaint to be found! Excellent dinner, adequate breakfast for free... Couldn't beat the price!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Nicely upgraded motel in the heart of Solvang with comfortable, clean rooms and friendly staff. We stayed only 1 night while biking in wine country and this place was perfect for a quick trip. We booked our room using a trip advisor rate of 109.00 per night, any more for this accommodation would be too much. Albeit very nicely appointed, and very clean, this is a motel and not a destination hotel or spa that can legitimately command rates of 200.00 and up for rooms. As it is a motel, a bit of car noise and early morning travelers rustling around in the parking lot made it difficult to sleep in, but again, at $109.00 I wasn't too upset, at $238.00 I would have been really disappointed. Breakfast is complementary with stay, coffee, juice, eggs, bacon etc. and the meal was average. Bottom line is this is a GREAT motel and we will stay here again gladly if they offer a reduced rate, but I would not book here at full price.

Room Tip: I would recommend an upstairs room, walls are a little thin and I imagine that 1st floor rooms could be quite noisy if you were below active guests.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed at the Hadsten House from Wednesday to Saturday. The front desk was helpful in finding wine tours and other tourist attractions. Solvang is a quaint little town built with a Danish flair, and worth the effort if you like a sleepy weekend of small-town shopping. My main issue is that while the room was relatively spacious and very clean, the walls are somewhat thin and my neighbors somewhat loud. Not to mention that my room was the only one that did not have a two-top table outside the door, even though I had specifically requested one. It is a motel, which means that cars pulling up or people walking up the stairs is clearly heard. That gets old after a while. Also, the "free Wi-Fi" was a one-to-two bar deal, so if you need to transmit large amounts of data, you will be out of luck.

Still, the fireplace was a nice touch, the room and bathroom well laid out, and there is plenty to do in Solvang. Try the "Bit o' Denmark" for the buffet (smorgesbord). It is amazingly good.

Room Tip: Don't get anything near the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rugger4to8us
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hadsten House January 14-16, 2012. We were both looking to get away for the long weekend, relax, unwind, and enjoy some wine tasting in the Solvang/Los Olivos/Santa Barbara area. It was our first time in Solvang, but hopefully not the last.

The Hadsten House is located pretty much at the end of the main street that runs through Solvang, but everything was very easily walkable in this tiny little Danish town. We found the place here on Trip Advisor, and decided to book based on the reviews, the photos, the fact tht we got a pretty good price due to a rate sale, etc. After then, a friend who visits the area frequently recommended this as THE place to stay in the area, and the Hadsten House did not disappoint.

We arrived pretty early for check-in (around noon), but the girl at the reception area was helpful and got us into our room at that time and also provided us with our complimentary drink coupons for the happy hour held everyday on-site. Our room on the ground floor wasn't overly huge, but felt comfortable. It was well decorated in neutral, warm tones with elements that felt both antique-ey and modern simultaneously. There was an electric fireplace that really added great atmosphere to the room, flat screen TV, DVD player, mini fridge, etc. The bed was extremely comfortable...however: for those of you out there (like me) that need firm or at least moderately firm pillows to sleep comfortably, beware. While there were plenty of pillows on the bed, they did not offer very great neck support at all and I found myself bunching one up just to try make it more dense. If I'd known in advance, I might have just brought my own memory foam pillow from home, problem solved. That said, though, it was not that big of a deal overall.

The bathroom was nice, clean, and shower pressure good, etc. One thing that was slightly odd was the location of the air conditioning unit. It was basically on the wall next to the bathroom sink (which was open to the rest of the bedroom...the toilet and shower were separated by a sliding door in the bathroom behind there). So, from there it blew fine into the room to keep it cool and from getting stuffy, but, because of where it was placed, if you needed to use the sink or go into the bathroom, you pretty much had to stand right in front of it and get blasted by the cool air. Again, not a big deal, but just something I noticed.

There was complimentary breakfast provided in the restaurant (attached to the main lobby). Basic stuff...eggs, bacon, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. It wasn't overwhelmingly good, but plenty filling to start the day. We opted not to eat on-site the second morning and walked down to Paula's Pancake House (worth trying...had a great homely feel, good food, lots of options, etc. and even with a pretty long line of folks waiting to get in, we only waited about 10 minutes tops for our table). Happy hour on-site wasn't terrible. They had 4 varietals of a local wine to choose from and some basic apps...baked brie, fruit, crackers, etc. The happy hour is held in the same restaurant area as the breakfast and dinner.

All in all, it was a good stay here, and we'd definitely return. It was an easy place to walk from to explore all of the main town of Solvang as well as Mission Santa Inez. Additionally, it was a short drive to Los Olivos, Lompoc, and the surrounding areas where we did a lot of our wine tasting...quite convenient. I'd certainly recommend this place to friends, and even at the normal rate, this still would have been worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple