All reviews fig tree girl and the fig sonoma square no elevator espresso machine rooms are small historic building complimentary coffee wine country sunflower cafe tuesday night street parking labor day weekend boutique hotel farmers market perfect location spent two nights
Reviewed April 18, 2018

The El Dorado is a beautiful place to stay with friendly, helpful staff, in a great location! We had an issue with the water in the shower not being hot, the staff took care of it immediately and provided great customer service! We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Ashley M, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Lindsey L!

I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with your hot water but it is wonderful to hear that our staff was quick to rectify the inconvenience so that it did not heavily impact your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!

El Dorado Team

Reviewed April 14, 2018

Overall we had a very good experience with the hotel. The first night of our stay we ate in the restaurant and had a very rude waiter. It was difficult to get his attention on two occasions and he grabbed my wine glass away without asking if I had finished my wine, which I had not.

Room Tip: room faced the street which was noisy early in the morning
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Susan R,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at El Dorado Hotel!

I am sorry to hear that we missed the mark on the Restaurant side. We have mentioned the situation to our Restaurant management team and they have addressed the issue accordingly.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel and Restaurant soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I can't say enough about how amazing my night was at this hotel. From ease of booking, to personalized touches like the welcome note by my bed, to the incredible amenities, I loved every bit of my stay here. I am a Bay Area local who was in Sonoma for the night for an event, and the El Dorado made my overnight feel like a true staycation. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your review, 0df345!

We appreciate the feedback and do our best to make each guest feel right at home. I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to impress you each step of the way!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

El Dorado Team

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to stay right in the center of town.. the restaurant was wonderful.. staff members went out of their way to make us comfortable. Also got a peek at their new dining area and outdoor space. We can’t wait to return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Ms. Denise W,

We thank you kindly for the note and hope you return very soon!

Our best,

Reviewed March 12, 2018

The bed was super comfy and the balcony was a nice place to start your morning with a cup of coffee or unwind at the end of the day with a glass of wine. The hotel got my note that we were staying for my birthday so when we arrived in our room there was a chilling half bottle of wine with two glasses and a nice card. A great extra touch of hospitality!

There don't seem to be any perks of being a hotel guest at the restaurant downstairs. Maybe we didn't ask the right people or questions but seems like a missed opportunity there. However the location of the hotel is fantastic, within a short walk of all kinds of tasting rooms and eateries so we had plenty of options. Still if you plan to dine at El Dorado Kitchen make sure to book in advance as they are a popular spot.

Room Tip: Nice views of the hills from the balcony on the second level. There are some bungalows downstairs that have their own enclosed patios too.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Ms. Sohriakat,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your birthday getaway! We hope to welcome you back the next time you need a Sonoma adventure - your balcony is calling!

Our best,