Lowest prices for your stay
US$290
US$246
Hotels.comUS$290
PricelineUS$290
TravelocityUS$290
All reviews girl and the fig the hotel's restaurant restaurant downstairs historic building wine country boutique hotel square balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed November 23, 2021

For the rate I paid, I definitely expected better. We booked a king room with an outdoor patio, and what we got was an ADA accessible room right next to the parking lot that had to be the loudest room we've ever had in all our years of traveling. The patio was useless because you would've had to listen to cars pulling in & out of the parking lot, deliveries going back & forth, gates banging, and other crazy noises. The walls were so thin that we actually heard the guest snoring in the room next door!
The worst part was the thunderous noise we heard very early in the morning: we really thought there was an earthquake, but as far as we could tell, it was the garbage truck that sounded like it was literally on top of us.
Fortunately, we were only staying one night, and I can't remember the last time we were so eager to check out.
The location was great, but otherwise, definitely think twice about staying here

Room tip: do not book room 28 or any other "bungalow" room unless you bring ear plugs...
Date of stay: November 2021
2  Thank cja2k1
Kurt Englund, General Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your room.

Based on your description, it looks like you stayed in one of our Patio Queen rooms. If you had booked a king bedded room, those would be located in the main building.

Our goal is to provide the service and experience that makes you want to return. It does not look like we succeeded. I do apologize.

I would be happy to discuss this with you over the phone. Feel free to reach out.

Reviewed November 16, 2021

We had our son's rehearsal dinner in the Wine Bar on November 12th and the staff did a fabulous job. Nisha and Rose adjusted things around late guests and helped us to create a magical evening for the future bride and groom. The food and drinks were fabulous from start to finish. This is a wonderful place to host a private event.

Room tip: Wine Bar for a private party
Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank T538NUhollyc
Kurt Englund, General Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent event at El Dorado Hotel + Kitchen. We are so pleased that Nisha and Rosie helped make a magical event. We hope the rest of the celebration weekend was just as amazing.

Reviewed October 31, 2021

My fiance and I stayed here for three nights while in Sonoma and we loved the hotel. The location is ideal if you're looking for something within walking distance to restaurants and tasting experiences. The room itself was very clean and it was also quiet late in the evening and early in the AM. The balcony is a nice touch too. We ate at the restaurant downstairs and it was among our best meals in Sonoma--highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Stephanie M
Kurt Englund, General Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2021

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at El Dorado Hotel + Kitchen. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Sonoma!

Reviewed October 24, 2021

Let me start with the good. The El Dorado Hotel is in an excellent location and is nicely designed with vintage wine country features throughout. But I simply cannot justify giving more than a one-star review given that we booked three nights for a family member's wedding, had bed bugs the first night, were subsequently moved rooms, and I arrived home with bites all over my body.

When we raised the issue with management, I was told that they "understood" and were "sorry", but then management proceeded to state that staff checked the room and there was no evidence of bed bugs - seemingly discounting the obvious bites on my arms and legs, and picture we provided of a bed bug. To top it off, I was initially told that the hotel covered our first night's stay, but when I went to the front desk to confirm, the hotel had only provided us $75 off the first night. After a back and forth with management, I was told that we would be compensated for the first night, but nothing more. Given the experience with bed bugs, the shifting narrative about compensation, and the various bites I have all over my body, I cannot recommend staying here.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Bedoniese7
Kurt Englund, General Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2021

Hello Bedoniese7,

Please know that we take your comments very seriously. I am so sorry you left with an unpleasant perception of our hotel.

While it does appear there was an insect that bit you, we thoroughly inspected the bed, stripping it all including the zippered mattress protector. We found no evidence of actual bed bugs. Unfortunately, what you discovered had been discarded so we could not investigate further.

I personally followed up on Friday after our inspection to advise you of the results. I am sorry if there was a miscommunication about the compensation that was offered.

I have left a voice message on your cell number to follow up with you again. Feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.

Regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2021 via mobile

The location can’t be beat but this hotel is not worth its hefty price. Bathrooms are tiny. Rooms are outdated decor and NOISY! We heard everything including the young children awaking and screaming at 6:30 am, the cars driving by at 8:00 am and the other guests walking down halls. Service was great - very friendly staff but can’t make up for paying $500/night for a very mediocre room.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
H Wagner, General Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2021

Hello Karen,

Thank you for staying with us over the Fourth of July Weekend. I am sorry to hear that you felt your stay was not worth the price. It appears that you were in a room that overlooks the Sonoma Plaza. The holiday weekend attracts more families to our hotel than typical, as well the town is more active than usual. This is partly due to the vintage car parade early on the Fourth, as well as our location just a couple of blocks from the fireworks show.

While are bathroom sizes do vary by room, our rooms were updated with RH furnishings in the last few years.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope you give us another opportunity on your next visit to Sonoma.

Kurt