“The most beautiful and conofortable hotel I've ever stayed.”

The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This place is a unique place for a couple getaway. From the first night to the third, we were thrilled with the comfort of this hotel. Really really comfortable beds, nice comfy robes, the rain effect shower heads, nice lay-out rooms for a romantic evening. The scents of lavender in the rooms was delightfull Real special treat centre. Their spa is the most reputable around. Their reataurNt is really great. We were with a group visiting the local vineyard. Really noce spot in the Sonoma valley. A must try for anybody!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Danthemannad

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My family and I recently had a chance to stay in one of the cottages on the property. The room was beautiful and we felt like we were really away from everyone. The property is very peaceful and relaxing. Room service and staff were great!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry V
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I would say the rating could be 3.5..above average but cannot say very good "yet"!. Stay for 4 nights, comfy enough after long day around the wine countries..did'nt like the carpet though (pretty dated!). We didn't have a chance to try the Spa..I heard it's really good. Love the breakfast at the Carneros Bistro & Wine Bar!

Room Tip: Change the carpet to wood floor or tile..more match with California style anyway, no?! (just a sugge...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We have been meeting at the Lodge of Sonoma for about 4 years now. The meetings have usually been held in the lobby bar which was a great cozy area with nice bar and big fireplace. They usually have a eclectic collection of art filling the walls and the food is creative and tasty. Last week we were upgraded into the Stone building as the lobby is under renovation. The building is beautiful and makes you feel you are in some historical Carriage House from an old estate. The fire was roaring, they set up high boy tables with candles and served wine and appetizers. The guests loved the experience and we could not be happier with the turn out and the royal treatment. Most of the staff including the general manager came by to make sure the room was perfect. I highly recommend the lodge of Sonoma to anyone who is planning a meeting, event or wedding.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Happyinsonomavalley
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife and I had a nice weekend, but there were some shortcomings. The bed was uncomfortable, and the TV kind of small. Frankly staying at a Renaissance, I expect the bed to be super comfortable. Everything was ok, but we left thinking the room as just average.

However, we had a fantastic afternoon at the Raindance Spa. Also Christopher was great with the wine suggestions. Both get 5 stars.

We ate at Carneros Bistro. The food was very good, I particularly liked the red curry mussels and pear ginger crumble. I'll give it 4 stars.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Lodge at Sonoma has a warm feel and very friendly staff. This property is wonderful. I love staying here. I always prefer the cottages that are surrounded by roses. The Spa has great treatments and I have enjoyed excellent treatments as well as hanging out in the spa hot tubs and warm pools.
The setting for this property can't help you relax after enjoying wine tasting, shopping and the great restaurants. Speaking of Restaurants, The Lodge has a fabulous restaurant too!

I alway look forward to my stay at The Lodge in Sonoma....

Room Tip: I prefer to be in the cottages and I like to be upstairs myself
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2012

What a great place! We went over the summer for a quick weekend getaway! The pool was beautiful and very relaxing! The staff at the hotel was extremely helpful with everything we needed - directions, advice on local attractions and just general help! We are looking at our schedules to see when we can go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
0.8 km away
11.6 km away
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!