1,481 results
All reviewssante restaurantbathing ritualvalet staffgolf clubwater towerself parkingwine countrymain poollobby barjunior suitecomplimentary bottle of winemain buildinghot springsbeautiful propertywood burning fireplacefitness centerresort fee
Reviewed June 16, 2018

I'm going to be very honest here. The price is high and there is a strong effort to make the hotel fit the price. However, there are a few things that just make it fall short. The location of the property is not ideal for experiencing the the surrounding beauty of Sonoma county. The overall age of the hotel is starting to show. Don't book a room on bottom floor unless you like tap dancing on the ceiling. Spending almost $100 for breakfast for 3 even though it was excellent is just a little pricey. The good things are: The activity list is one of the best for a resort fee. The drivers will take you anywhere. The staff are some of the best around. The beauty of the onsite property was a very relaxing environment and gives you a resort feel.

Room Tip: don't pick a room on the bottom floor because of the noise but you do get a nice relaxing patio on bottom floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
FSMIGuestRelations, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as it is our primary way of measuring whether or not we are providing the caliber of hospitality you deserve. It seems we fell short for you in some areas on this visit and I would like to sincerely apologize. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night in this magnificent historical property on an Insight Tour. The rooms are spacious and with excellent outlooks. The pool is fed from mineral springs and is big enough to do laps if you are that way inclined. There are charging points for electric vehicles and the staff are very obliging. Breakfast in Sante is delicious but is only a la carte. There is a fire pit for sitting and talking at night. All in all a marvellous destination in a beautiful valley.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

I was here for a 3 day business conference. The staff are welcoming and helpful and quickly oriented me to the many amenities of the facility. Rooms are well appointed with complimentary wine and a very comfortable bed. The grounds are well manicured, the fitness facility is clean and has quality equipment. Food and drink were excellent and the campus is close to a walkable downtown and in close proximity to some of the finest wine in the world. Late afternoon wine tastings were informative and thoughtful. This is a great venue with nice people.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn! Thank you for your kind compliments; we do hope to have to honor to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Recently booked the Mission Inn by Fairmont for a romantic birthday weekend over Memorial Day. They required a 3 night minimum, for which I understand, but were less than tolerable when I had a last minute medical emergency that required me to miss the first day of the stay. They were completely unapologetic, despite already having a completely paid-for reservation in advance. In addition to not being willing to refund me a night (for which I have a legitimate trip to the doctor), they gave little reverence to the "little things" that a luxury hotel should provide for their guests in this unfortunate circumstance. Generally, I give places like this a pass when customer service is overlooked, but this time, and for this particular reason, I am quite disappointed. The charges just kept coming, including spa access fees, parking fees and others. Not only did they make an extra $500 for the first night which was completely unused by me, they also made additional money for the small items where they could have made a difference. I will not be returning to this venue.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PartywithMarty

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am so sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our resort. We certainly aim to provide a wonderfully memorable experience and I sincerely regret that we did not succeed for you this visit. I am sorry to hear that you won't be returning. If there is anything that we may assist with, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

The potential upgrade offered by American Express was not acknowledged by the front desk on check in, and on check out they said "late checkout wasn't available beyond 30 extra minutes"....but then allowed that for $50 a half hour (or possibly an hour) we could stay as late as we wanted. So it wasn't that they needed the room for people checking in, they just saw an opportunity to take a few more of our dollars. At the prices this place charges you would have thought a little flexibility on checkout would make sense. Not returning.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family